• 18 Oct 2018 - 21:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Visitor / Stridulum (Giulio Paradisi, 1979)  (Read 25085 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: The Visitor/Stridulum (Giulio Paradisi, 1979)
« Reply #15 on: 04 Dec 2007 - 21:35 »

Wasn't Media Blasters distributing their titles? I had heard/read some supposed problems between the two.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2007 - 21:43 »

Wasn't Media Blasters distributing their titles? I had heard/read some supposed problems between the two.

Were they? Where'd you hear that?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #17 on: 04 Dec 2007 - 21:48 »

Were they? Where'd you hear that?

It was on fangoria message board. Don't know if it was true but something about Media Blasters trying to become a little more involved financially if you get my meaning. Again, not sure if it's true or not, but that was discussed a while back over there around the time Code Red released DON'T GO IN THE WOODS (1982). I'm still waiting on their snappy release of the simultaneously awful and amazing KILL SQUAD(1982). It has been pulled from their schedule apparently.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #18 on: 04 Dec 2007 - 22:35 »

Very happy to hear that their distributor problems seem to be fixed now. I love Code Red and the hard work they've put into some really obscure titles.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #19 on: 04 Dec 2007 - 22:43 »

Like Johan already mentioned. Great news about Code Red fixing the distributor troubles...
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

fdsmedia

« Reply #20 on: 05 Dec 2007 - 02:31 »

Yes they were distributed by Media Blasters before, and I think the trouble started when they weren't happy with one of the Code Red masters and suggested they could do a new master for only $XX.XXX - and Code Red were pissed off because the master they already had was apparently better looking than many of Media Blasters' own titles.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #21 on: 05 Dec 2007 - 02:34 »

Yes they were distributed by Media Blasters before, and I think the trouble started when they weren't happy with one of the Code Red masters and suggested they could do a new master for only $XX.XXX - and Code Red were pissed off because the master they already had was apparently better looking than many of Media Blasters' own titles.

Thanks, Magnus. That's more than likely what I read. Do you happen to know what happened to KILL SQUAD, BTW?

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #22 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 20:33 »

Sorry to go off topic but I got a response from code red regarding KILL SQUAD. They say it's in limbo because of difficulties with the rights holders. :-[  At least they appreciate their buyers enough to reply. :-X

tilapia

« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2007 - 20:57 »

This movie makes no sense - and I 100% adore it! Highly unusual horror/sci-fi-hybrid which seems to have taken inspiration from Omen and The Exorcist, but the result is something else - a uniquely italian "head" movie! Wish I had a scanner so I could show you the gorgeous cover of my australian VHS...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #24 on: 11 Dec 2007 - 21:08 »

This movie makes no sense - and I 100% adore it! Highly unusual horror/sci-fi-hybrid which seems to have taken inspiration from Omen and The Exorcist, but the result is something else - a uniquely italian "head" movie! Wish I had a scanner so I could show you the gorgeous cover of my australian VHS...

I agree with all that Lars!

I also think they threw in a little bit of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' in as well, the bit where the bright lights appear in front of the car at night, lots of white smoke and flashing lights and the walkway drops down, dramatic music... Almost like a UFO has landed in front of the car, turns out to be a big truck  ??? ::)

Also love the flock of killer pigeons, pure madness, it almost works!

Amazing film. I'd love to see your Australian VHS  :'(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2007 - 21:22 »

Wish I had a scanner so I could show you the gorgeous cover of my australian VHS...
have you got a mobile phone that takes pics.

welcome to the forum btw tilapia

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #26 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:07 »

Here's some cool German artwork for the film. I'm looking forward to seeing how Code Red's cover will look like!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #27 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:08 »

Nice! I'm digging the scary eyeball the most!  It's cracking just like the Alien egg is on the poster for 'Alien' :'(

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #28 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:13 »

I love that eyeball too!  ::) Let's hope Code Red puts it on their cover!

But what's that red thing he's holding? It first I thought it might be a pair of g-string panties but I'm guessing it's not.  ;D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #29 on: 12 Dec 2007 - 15:16 »

The red thing looks like blood dripping off a wire garrote to me. There's some death's by wire in the film I think? During the pigeon attack if I'm not mistaken, maybe it's a reference to that? Maybe those are pigeon's feet holding the wire?  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 20 queries.