• 03 Apr 2020 - 17:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Nine Guests for a Crime / Nove ospiti per un delitto (Ferdinando Baldi, 1977)  (Read 27603 times)

fdsmedia

This giallo will be released on DVD in November by Surf Video in Italy... let's hope for English options...

Stephen Grimes

Thanks for the heads-up though i doubt Surf will include English options,i don't know of any of their releases that have them.Their transfers are amazing,i have a few of the crime titles and they look superb esp.I ragazzi della Roma violenta :'(

vigilanteforce

Enjoyable film, nice and sleazy. I own an Italian sell-through VHS which looks fucking great. If the use the exact same transfer for the DVD it will be an improvement over the VHS, its going to look very nice.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Wow, I was only reading about this one last night.  Fingers crossed for an English friendly release but, as Stephen pointed out, following Surf's track record I doubt it.

fdsmedia

Nice cover artwork:

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Wow! what a sleeve

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

According to Kult Video there are no English options available on this disc.  Anyone know if there was an English language VHS release of this?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an English dub of this film. All the online sources, European Trash Cinema and the like, only carry the letterboxed Italian language VHS version.

It'd be nice if a dub on an obscure foreign VHS release was uncovered though.  :-X
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

I received my copy from Kult Video just a few minutes ago and guess what? The main feature is pan & scan, unlike the nice trailer which is widescreen!

On the back cover it clearly says "formato video 16/9" ! I was preparing to throw away my letterboxed Italian VHS but I guess I will throw away the DVD instead  :) How can the VHS be letterboxed and the DVD fullscreen? WTF?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Those grabs look squeezed Lefteris? Are you sure it's not 16:9?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

If I put the picture into photoshop and alter the size to 16cm x 9cm here's how it looks...

Looks widescreen to me.

vigilanteforce

Sure, but I tried the DVD both on my DVD player and Power DVD on my computer and that's how it appears...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Weird. It definitely looks anamorphic to me.

Can you not manually alter your TV so it goes into 16:9 mode when you tell it to rather than it doing it automatically?

vigilanteforce

That is what I just did and it looks OK. Although it should be able to do that automatically on DVD players and computers. That means that if your TV is 4:3, you will have to add black bars yourself (if your TV does that) in order to watch the film properly. Haven't seen such a fuckup in any DVD before. There are more issues with the disc- more grabs coming.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Looks like the person who authored the DVD fucked up.

Lefteris, you could rip the DVD and edit the IFO to set default playback as 16x9 or reauthor the DVD.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/IfoEdit
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 34 queries.