• 17 May 2022 - 11:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Violent Naples / Napoli violenta (Umberto Lenzi, 1976)  (Read 41140 times)

LANZETTA

Re: Violent Naples/Napoli Violenta (Umberto Lenzi, 1976)
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 22:09 »

Merli who later appeared in MANNAJA, A MAN CALLED BLADE, is perfect for these kind of roles. Looking a bit like Franco Nero but more adept in the action scenes, he carries a mostly mean and mad look on his face the duration of the film and he's so good at it you can't help but cheer him on each time he nails one of the bad guys. If you've never seen one of these Italian Crime films this is a good place to start.
I've seen a good handful of Merli crime thrillers now and they've all been great,even more impressive (especially the roof of the tram scene) that Merli peformed all his own stunts. ;)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 22:24 »

I've seen a good handful of Merli crime thrillers now and they've all been great,even more impressive (especially the roof of the tram scene) that Merli peformed all his own stunts. ;)

You seen some of the stunt work that Jean-Paul Belmondo did in some of his French crime flicks? The stunts in PEUR SUR LA VILLE are jaw-droppingly good!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

LANZETTA

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 22:38 »

French crime movies eh?

I've got a lot to catch up with! :D

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2007 - 22:47 »

French crime movies eh?

I've got a lot to catch up with! :D

Seriously, check out some of the Belmondo films form the 70s and VERY early 80s - PEUR SUR LA VILLE and LE PROFESSIONALE.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Violent Naples/Napoli violenta (Umberto Lenzi, 1976)
« Reply #19 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 09:59 »

U.S. Italian release

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

sadystyk

« Reply #20 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 11:57 »

"Hack" is a term I despise and it would be more appropriate for somebody like Jess Franco who always manages to put you to sleep, even if you have just got out of bed. Lenzi is no hack though- he has made more than a handful of films (and I am not only talking about his crime and gialli) that are very entertaining and have a cult following. I bet all of these people that call him a hack would love to be in his place.
Maybe you only like conventional, unoriginal movies and that's why someone like Franco puts you to sleep? Franco has made twice the number of good movies that Lenzi has, admittedly he's made a lot of crap but which director hasn't?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:04 »

"Hack" is a term I despise and it would be more appropriate for somebody like Jess Franco who always manages to put you to sleep, even if you have just got out of bed. Lenzi is no hack though- he has made more than a handful of films (and I am not only talking about his crime and gialli) that are very entertaining and have a cult following. I bet all of these people that call him a hack would love to be in his place.
Maybe you only like conventional, unoriginal movies and that's why someone like Franco puts you to sleep? Franco has made twice the number of good movies that Lenzi has, admittedly he's made a lot of crap but which director hasn't?
I think that's a bit harsh suggeting he only likes conventional, unoriginal movies

I too like Jess Franco films but i think the best of Lenzi tower high above Franco's best work.

True, Lenzi has made a few stinkers but Franco's bad stuff is painful to try and sit through.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

vigilanteforce

« Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:21 »

Well, at least I know that whenever I am suffering from insomnia, I can put on Franco's OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES and fall asleep, what an original movie that is  :-\  :-*

sadystyk

« Reply #23 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:27 »

I think that's a bit harsh suggeting he only likes conventional, unoriginal movies

I too like Jess Franco films but i think the best of Lenzi tower high above Franco's best work.

True, Lenzi has made a few stinkers but Franco's bad stuff is painful to try and sit through.
Yeah I admit I was a bit harsh but the point I was trying to make is that Franco has his fans too and they also get fed up with all the constant knocks he gets. He's basically done to Franco exactly what he says he hates people doing to Lenzi!  

sadystyk

« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:29 »

Well, at least I know that whenever I am suffering from insomnia, I can put on Franco's OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES and fall asleep, what an original movie that is  :-\  :-*
And the slagging of Franco continues!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:31 »

Maybe you only like conventional, unoriginal movies and that's why someone like Franco puts you to sleep?

Hahaha! You were saying this to Lefteris? You should know him better than that by now, surely?

vigilanteforce

« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:32 »

Are you Franco's manager or what? Everybody has their own opinion. You like him, I hate him. No need for arguments. To each their own.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #27 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:32 »

And the slagging of Franco continues!

The slagging of 'Oasis of the Zombies' if I'm not mistaken?

Note the smilies...

sadystyk

« Reply #28 on: 25 Oct 2007 - 12:52 »

Are you Franco's manager or what? Everybody has their own opinion. You like him, I hate him. No need for arguments. To each their own.
Wish I was Francos manager! I'd probably be bankrupt though. I made my point above and and see little point going on about it. At least to a bunch of Philistines. ;D

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #29 on: 09 Nov 2007 - 16:30 »

Short clip from the Italian sat channel doc 'Italia 70' with Lenzi and John Saxon(in English) discussing NAPOLI VIOLENTA,hopefully i'll have afull copy of this along with a Tomas Milian special soon  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-u9rPG8-4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.