• 19 Oct 2019 - 16:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Almost Human / Milano odia (Umberto Lenzi, 1974)  (Read 42905 times)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: Almost Human / Milano odia (Umberto Lenzi, 1974)
« Reply #60 on: 02 Aug 2010 - 17:49 »

Is ALMOST HUMAN the export title or just the Joseph Brenner title?  What are the titles on some of the foreign-subbed English language tapes?

I still have the Dutch Empire tape which is titled 'The Executioner' and I used to have the Greek VHS (which I sold...I think to Tanzi?) titled 'The Bastard'.
I got my one from Bill Barounis many years ago  :D

He is a Bastard - unfortunately it's not called that on the title sequence though.

Cheers for correcting me mate. I got mine from Bill too - but now I'm not sure who I sold it on to..it was someone from this forum though. Likewise, I've never seen the "Death Dealer" print either.

beebon

« Reply #61 on: 05 Sep 2010 - 16:01 »

Almost Human was the second Italian crime film that I saw, it's still one of my favourites!

Filmbar70

« Reply #62 on: 05 Sep 2010 - 16:36 »

It's quite a film. We'll gonna screen it in a couple of months time. Let's see how Giulio's 'antics' go down with an audience...

bruce holecheck

• Almost Human
« Reply #63 on: 11 Sep 2010 - 20:42 »

I sent NoShame a copy of the DEATH DEALER trailer and they put it as an Easter Egg on their copy of EMERGENCY SQUAD.

As far as I know, Jospeh Brenner came up with the ALMOST HUMAN title.  His version of the film (as released to tape here in the States by Prism) is actually an interesting variant; it adds the small nude snippet found in the trailer back into the film and also jazzes up the climax with a violent flashback montage and then adds a voiceover coda detailing the fate of the main character.  If memory serves, some small bits were trimmed here and there to pick up the pacing, too.
-----------------------------
Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2010 - 13:53 »

As far as I know, Jospeh Brenner came up with the ALMOST HUMAN title.  His version of the film (as released to tape here in the States by Prism) is actually an interesting variant; it adds the small nude snippet found in the trailer back into the film and also jazzes up the climax with a violent flashback montage and then adds a voiceover coda detailing the fate of the main character.  If memory serves, some small bits were trimmed here and there to pick up the pacing, too.

Cool stuff, I wouldn't mind a copy of that version on DVD-R if anyone has it?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2010 - 22:01 »

Cool stuff, I wouldn't mind a copy of that version on DVD-R if anyone has it?
Same here, I had no idea they played around with it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

bruce holecheck

• Almost Human
« Reply #66 on: 18 Sep 2010 - 17:56 »

I still have the Prism prerecord at my parents' house; I'll have to dig it out of the bins next time I'm over there and burn it to disc.  Keep in mind it's cropped to fullframe.
Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #67 on: 18 Sep 2010 - 18:31 »

As far as I know, Jospeh Brenner came up with the ALMOST HUMAN title.  

Was that before or after SHOCK WAVES?

Some of the Brenner edits of these Italian films were interesting for their new title sequences.  TORSO and EYEBALL had memorable title sequences.  The X-Rated disc sort of featured the US sequence as an extra but only because the German version also used the Brenner title sequence.

I've got the ALMOST HUMAN tape around here somewhere too.  The title sequence is just the animated ALMOST HUMAN title on black and a couple screens of actors and crew.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #68 on: 19 Sep 2010 - 01:33 »

Was Brenner also responsible for that chopped up version of Roma A Mano Armata? I don't know where my U.S. tape is to check it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #69 on: 19 Sep 2010 - 03:24 »

Was Brenner also responsible for that chopped up version of Roma A Mano Armata? I don't know where my U.S. tape is to check it.

That was Aquarius, the company responsible for the rescored and cut SEVEN DOORS TO DEATH (THE BEYOND) and the rescored DR. BUTCHER MD (ZOMBI HOLOCAUST) although I believe their MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY (CANNIBAL FEROX) and BURIED ALIVE (BUIO OMEGA) got through without cuts.

A lot of the Aquarius stuff was distributed on tape by IVE with the horror stuff on Thriller Video but ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON was on Adventure Video and I think some additional stuff with Sybil Danning was shot for those titles.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #70 on: 19 Sep 2010 - 09:31 »

Brenner also re-package/re-titled 'Quelli Che Contano' as 'Cry of the Prostitute'. The old Prism tape was missing the scene where the drugs are transported in the corpse. Was missing quite a lot else as well, although I did like the different music that was tacked onto the opening credits.

bruce holecheck

• Almost Human
« Reply #71 on: 19 Sep 2010 - 14:00 »

Brenner released ALMOST HUMAN in '75, and SHOCK WAVES in '77.

The Sybil Danning's Adventure Video stuff she did for USA Home Video was just wraparound stuff -- an intro and outro.  When I interviewed her for the upcoming CHAINED HEAT and JUNGLE WARRIOR DVDs I also got her to talk about her video line experience; I hope to have this (along with her host segments) as an Easter Egg on the upcoming Grindhouse release of THE TOUGH ONES.

Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #72 on: 19 Sep 2010 - 14:11 »

I hope to have this (along with her host segments) as an Easter Egg on the upcoming Grindhouse release of THE TOUGH ONES.

Is there a release date planned for this one yet, Bruce?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

bruce holecheck

• Almost Human
« Reply #73 on: 21 Sep 2010 - 00:48 »

According to Chris Poggiali, I have it backwards:  Brenner released the film as THE KIDNAP OF MARY LOU in '75, THE DEATH DEALERS in '76, and it didn't become ALMOST HUMAN until '80.

So SHOCKWAVES came first.  As for Brenner's crew coming up with the name, well, in the stills galley on Blue Underground's SHOCKWAVES disc, there's a handwritten note by Ken Weiderhorn listing potential titles for the film (which was filmed as DEATH CORPS).  Some are pretty amusing (THE DEAD DON'T DROWN), but of special interest is the top of the second column, which includes ALMOST HUMAN...
Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #74 on: 29 Jan 2011 - 08:24 »

Found this today, haven't seen one before... (at least I don't think I have)

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 34 queries.