• 26 Jun 2022 - 08:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: L'Alpagueur (Philippe Labro, 1976)  (Read 12445 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: L'Alpagueur (Philippe Labro, 1976)
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2007 - 18:45 »

You would have thought someone would have noticed after the last release not having an English track - it's pretty shoddy for a disc to leave the warehouses like this once but twice - that's bang out of order really.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2007 - 19:07 »

French label No Publishing also did this on their SE release of Fulci's 7 NOTES IN BLACK,i paid €24.99 on the day of release because it stated 'Anglais' on the box and got it home to find only the French and Italian dubs. :-[

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #17 on: 10 Oct 2007 - 19:13 »

French label No Publishing also did this on their SE release of Fulci's 7 NOTES IN BLACK,i paid €24.99 on the day of release because it stated 'Anglais' on the box and got it home to find only the French and Italian dubs. :-[
MOTHERFUCKERS! Do you reckon they do it on purpose to shit more knowing some people won't bother to return them

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #18 on: 10 Oct 2007 - 19:19 »

MOTHERFUCKERS! Do you reckon they do it on purpose to shit more knowing some people won't bother to return them
Well i reckon they sold a few more copies because of it,there was no apology or info about this 'mistake' either anywhere :-[

fdsmedia

« Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2007 - 20:39 »

I have managed to locate a copy of the Swedish VHS, the owner couldn't confirm if it has got English audio, if not I'll probably translate the Swedish subs to English and put them on the French DVD. When I find the time, of course.  :-*

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #20 on: 07 Nov 2007 - 07:27 »

There is definitely an English track out there.  The bootleg site ZDD has this with an English audio track but it looks like it is no more than a VHS-Rip.  Judging from the cover art it looks like the rip was taken from a VHS with the title THE HUNTER WILL GET YOU.  If all else fails Magnus I could get this DVD-R and send it over to you.

fdsmedia

« Reply #21 on: 07 Nov 2007 - 07:29 »

It's confirmed that the Swedish VHS has got French audio track, so I'll translate the Swedish subs and put them on the French DVD... but it will take a little while.

fdsmedia

« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2007 - 07:52 »

I bought a videocard for my laptop yesterday so now I'll be able to transfer video to my computer... theoretically anyway. Haven't used my VCRs for quite some time, but thought I would try the videocard by capturing the Swedish L'Alpagueur VHS, and guess what - none of the VCRs work!  :-* Fortunately, my girlfriend has got one too so I will be using hers... to be continued.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #23 on: 15 Nov 2007 - 08:36 »

This is great news, Magnus. Keep us informed, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #24 on: 18 Jan 2008 - 23:21 »

This release is supposed to have English audio, if not I'll return it - that's for sure. I'll keep you posted.

The one I had was on the Canal+ label, had a black cardboard cover. Said it had English on the back but didn't. I'd be delighted to find out if this does have English...
That's the same release that I've got.

I've had L'ALPAGUEUR for nearly two years, but thanks to the lack of English subs I still haven't watched it: my French is good enough to allow me to muddle through a film such as this without them, but I have to know that I can sit down with the film when I've got time to concentrate and maybe rewind certain portions of the movie in order to clarify specific lines of dialogue.

That said, I'm a huge fan of some of Belmondo's 1970s action pictures. I particularly love LE PROFESSIONNEL, LE MARGINAL, PEUR SUR LA VILLE and LE CASSE. I like BORSALINO too, and I'd really like to see some of these films get DVD releases in Britain or America. I believe that in the 1970s, Belmondo had something of a cult following in Britain at least.

I like to throw a Belmondo flick on when friends come round, and astound them with Belmondo's stuntwork. It's almost impossible to imagine another actor doing some of the stuff that Belmondo did in his 1970s films  ;)
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

fdsmedia

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jun 2008 - 13:33 »

I have now finished my fan release using English subs I found online, thanks to the unknown contributor. :P

fdsmedia

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2008 - 08:25 »

I just found out that HUNTER WILL GET YOU will get an official English friendly release courtesy of Universal in Australia on September 3.  :-*

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2008 - 08:25 »

Typical!  Nevermind Magnus, the release might not have English subtitles only an English dub.

fdsmedia

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2008 - 08:32 »

Yes, no specs revealed yet.. here's the artwork:

fdsmedia

« Reply #29 on: 18 Feb 2009 - 13:07 »

Apparently it has been released in Spain with these languages options:

Audio: Spanish, English, French
Subtitles: English, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.