• 27 Jun 2022 - 13:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: L'Alpagueur (Philippe Labro, 1976)  (Read 12448 times)

stark

Re: L'Alpagueur (Philippe Labro, 1976)
« Reply #30 on: 02 Jun 2009 - 09:51 »

Hello all.

I'm new to the board and the genre, in particular Belmondo. Thanks to this place i'm finding some real gems to annoy my girlfriend and reduce the bank balance.

Talking about english audio on french discs, I was looking at a Belmondo favourite, The Burglars (Le Casse) the other day. I have the french and alfa discs and it would appear that this film has a french and english "version". The dialogue scenes in the movie were filmed in both french and english. I have never heard of this being done before, I assumed most were filmed as my experience of watching italian westerns in the actors native language then post dubbed. Does anyone know any more about this? Perhaps this is a rare case or is this how french film makers work.

The english to french versions of The Burglars differ in timings and cuts to accomodate the refilms of the "versions". It is therefore understandable that a lot of french movies cannot accomodate the english version dub if this is the case. However there is no excuse for not including subtitles and especially when advertised as such!

PS. I'm presently working on painstakingly dubbing the french disc with the english version dialogue at the moment, as this is such an enjoyable film....but may have to abandon for the reasons above.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #31 on: 02 Jun 2009 - 10:21 »

Talking about english audio on french discs, I was looking at a Belmondo favourite, The Burglars (Le Casse) the other day. I have the french and alfa discs and it would appear that this film has a french and english "version". The dialogue scenes in the movie were filmed in both french and english. I have never heard of this being done before, I assumed most were filmed as my experience of watching italian westerns in the actors native language then post dubbed. Does anyone know any more about this? Perhaps this is a rare case or is this how french film makers work.

Welcome to the forum stark  :'(

Now you mention it I've heard of this practice before - filming two takes in different languages - but at the moment I'm stumped as to where I heard the info. It's on the tip of my tongue... This will be bugging me all day now.

:-\

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #32 on: 02 Jun 2009 - 10:52 »

BAY OF BLOOD was filmed in two versions. I'm sure there are other examples but I'm fucked if I can think of any.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #33 on: 02 Jun 2009 - 11:07 »

BAY OF BLOOD was filmed in two versions. I'm sure there are other examples but I'm fucked if I can think of any.

That's exactly the film I was thinking of!  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.