• 26 Jun 2022 - 07:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tony Arzenta (Duccio Tessari, 1973)  (Read 47234 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Tony Arzenta (Duccio Tessari, 1973)
« Reply #15 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 03:05 »

Those 2 assassinations near the start at Ettore Manni's gym are great,love the way Delon looks at the guy who walks into the office and cooly takes him out. :'(

Yeah, Delon is super cool in this. Also in the aforementioned fish tank scene where the guy is asleep and he calmly wakes him up before shooting him. What a cracking film, just talking about it makes me want to watch it again.

Ever since I bought the Japanese DVD I've never once regretted shelling out the high price for it. Worth every penny.

I've passed over this a dozen or more times for this very reason. I may have to get it now. xploited was selling them for $40 I think. Tessari also directed THE BASTARD (1968) which seems to be missing around 30 minutes(!) and plays more like a western than crime and the only (with good reason) blaxploitation/euro crime film THREE TOUGH GUYS.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 06:48 »

I thought the Japanese DVD of this was out of print?  I am certain that I checked CDJapan a year ago and it was unavailable.  Just had a look on their site and noticed that it is still in print so I have ordered a copy for around £17, not bad for a Japanese DVD. 

That's a bloody good pice - I think I may have paid £25 when I bought mine four or five years ago.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 06:51 »

how was the shipping price from there? I heard there was a trick to ordering from one of those Japanese sites that they stick you with some kind of extra charges.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #18 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 08:49 »

Well I did have some frequent shopper points to spend there which took it down to around £16.50ish.  Shipping is roughly £2.50 so as a total it works out at around £18.50.

sadystyk

« Reply #19 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 09:29 »

Those 2 assassinations near the start at Ettore Manni's gym are great,love the way Delon looks at the guy who walks into the office and cooly takes him out. :'(

Yeah, Delon is super cool in this. Also in the aforementioned fish tank scene where the guy is asleep and he calmly wakes him up before shooting him. What a cracking film, just talking about it makes me want to watch it again.

Ever since I bought the Japanese DVD I've never once regretted shelling out the high price for it. Worth every penny.
You weren't so pleased when you discovered it was cut!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #20 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 11:19 »

You weren't so pleased when you discovered it was cut!

Oh for sure I was pissed off a bit, but I never regretted buying the DVD because of it. Thanks for reminding me though, I've still got that uncut VHS so I'll get it copied onto a DVD-R this afternoon.  :'(

vigilanteforce

« Reply #21 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 11:51 »

What's missing from the Jap disc?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 11:54 »

sadystyk's got a better memory than me but from what I can remember it's something to do with a woman being beaten up in a bathroom.

The uncut version is on a Danish Polygram VHS

sadystyk

« Reply #23 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 12:07 »

sadystyk's got a better memory than me but from what I can remember it's something to do with a woman being beaten up in a bathroom.

The uncut version is on a Danish Polygram VHS
The Jap disc is missing some brief topless shots from a nightclub scene and the above mentioned beating which is particularly brutal. These scenes add up to around 2 minutes. 

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #24 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 12:33 »

Is the French DVD uncut?  I know it has no English options but a composite could be possible.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #25 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 12:43 »

No idea about the French disc. If you buy it I'll gladly have a look though  :D

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #26 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 15:59 »

I might just take you up on that, it is only a fiver to buy anyway.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #27 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 16:01 »

I have the Greek promo disc but don't know if its uncut or not. To be honest I believe its as cut as the Japanese one.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #28 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 16:42 »

Wow! The Japanese disc is out of the question for me then. That's odd considering the Japanese distributors usually demand more gore and violence in films they import not to mention some of their questionable movie series like the "superhero" RAPEMAN(!) movies.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #29 on: 16 Dec 2007 - 16:50 »

Few pictures from the 22 page Japanese cinema program.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.