• 26 Apr 2017 - 00:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Violent Professionals / Milano trema (Sergio Martino, 1973)  (Read 9091 times)

Gary B.

Recently watched this after a few years of not seeing it, and totally loved it 100 times more than I remembered.  It has pretty much everything you'd want in an Italian crime film:  plenty of violence/a rogue cop out for vengeance/awesome car chases/great soundtrack, and just enough action to keep it flowing at a steady pace.  This is definitely one of the best.  It doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Luc Merenda fan either.

Garbage Can

I saw this all last night. Not the best I have seen, but enough to enjoy. I like anything with Richard Conte. Here's my U.S. copy, which has similiar art to the cover above. Why the artist chose that weird, "Ooooowff! Got me in the gut, copper!" expression for him is beyond me, though.

scottybcool

I'm a fan of The Violent Professionals. Martino has made (in my opinion) better flicks, but I have a soft spot for this one. 

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I'm a fan of The Violent Professionals. Martino has made (in my opinion) better flicks, but I have a soft spot for this one. 
Welcome to the forum Scotty  ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

scottybcool

Cheers mate, you were right, a class site. Lots of reading to do here. I think I got my Paragon carton from you mate?

Graham

• One Just Man

Does anybody know if this DVD has English subtitles? Thanks.

http://www.ibs.it/dvd/8033549120351/sergio-martino/milano-trema-la-polizia.html

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I can’t say for sure, sorry. I have this on a doublebill with MILANO ODIA (ALMOST HUMAN), which was released in Italy by Alan Young Pictures about six or seven years ago. That release had subtitles but you really never know.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Graham

• One Just Man

Thanks for the reply. Never seen this one and don't want to plump for a secondhand Vipco...  :)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Thanks for the reply. Never seen this one and don't want to plump for a secondhand Vipco...  :)

There's also a Wild East release from the US but like the Vipco version is non-anamorphic. These and the Alan Young releases are all uncut though.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Salter

I picked THE VIOLENT PROFESSIONALS up on the UK Vipco double bill with THE BIG RACKET and I have to say, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. It's a little classier (if that's the right phrase) than the Castellari Polizia entries I've seen but I think I enjoyed it a little less for that.

Aside from some epic car chases and the great use of the open-hand slap for perp beat-downs there wasn't much that thrilled me and it doesn't move along briskly enough for my liking. One thing I did like a lot about it, is the way Giorgio boldly straddled the cop world and the criminal underclass, just kicking down doors and roughing everybody up.

Distorty

I remember thinking Violent Professionals was a bit of a let down, very forgettable. :(

gnorthcott

Apologies for the bad pics,i dont have a scanner

Robert W

I got a really nice lbx dvd-r of this film after reading this thread. Thought the film was very entertaining. I enjoyed, too, the "political" element the film had. The plot sort of reminded me of Magnum Force. Interesting that both films came out the same year.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666

Whats the Vipco version of this like? Worth a punt?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 19 queries.