• 08 Dec 2019 - 23:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Killer is Still Among Us / L'assassino è ancora tra noi (Camillo Teti, 1986)  (Read 21332 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I imagine that subtitling a 90 minute film would be quite a time consuming task, let alone getting the synch right.

When I subtitled BLUE VILLA, it took about three days to get the subs off of the substandard print but that was because they were part of the print itself which was rendered on video interlaced and in non-anamorphic 2.35:1 so it was a bit eye-straining.  VSOM's subtitles were added by computer so they should be more readable depending on the generation of the tape or DVDR.

I was considering transcribing the subs for their THIRD EYE for the German disc but I haven't picked up the German disc yet.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

To those that were interested, I'll probably be starting work on the subs to L'Assassino è Ancora Tra Noi this weekend. The print will be taken directly from my Italian ViVi VHS so the picture will be nice and crisp.

tilapia

Saw this last night with high expectations but found it to be a pretty boring affair. Sure it's violent and sick but so what? The thriller/giallo part didn't work at all and the actors and characters were boring. A film can't live on a few violent scenes alone.

Philleh

I've only just(!) heard about this late-entry into the Giallo realms and was hoping to find out a little more about it (i.e. Where the hell can I get it from! ha).

Has anyone seen it? I'm sure it'll be a waste of time, but the nastiness is calling me! Plus Giuliano Carnimeo wrote it and I do dig his stuff :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

I've very nearly finished subbing this (about 90% done). I think those seeking the film out in order to see buckets of gore will be sorely disappointed. The Giallo aspect of it isn't particularly exciting either but I still think it's quite an interesting film and has a grimy atmosphere to it in places.
The infamous scene in the tent at the end of the film is still fairly nasty but I would still say that it's rival - Giallo A Venezia - is the stronger of the two.

Philleh

I have a soft spot for the 80's gialli - as awful as most of them are!  ???

So this, being the 'Giallo a Venezia' of the 80's, shot to top of my must-see list!

Jay

I've got a screener of it somewhere. The opening sequence is really something else.

And as for Giallo a Venezia, check out the Brazilian edit if you can.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

With thanks to Jay and Luca Caneli I have built a 16x9 English subtitled DVD of this underrated giallo.  I used an uncut, widescreen VHS screener for the video source and, for the first time, used VirtualDubMod to crop, remaster and 16x9 enhance the video.  It is not great quality as the screener was not in the best shape.  Some scenes are very dark and even messing with contrast and brightness filters did not really change anything.  Below are some screenshots from the DVD:

And here is the motion menu:

Next up will be a fansub DVD of ILLUSTRIOUS CORPSES, I just managed to win a copy of the OOP Italian DVD on eBay.it at long last.

Philleh

I finally witnessed this a couple of weeks back - not what I expected at all. The tent scene was, expectedly, unpleasant but the film was a little bit of a drag. Still, it was by no-means as crud as Fatal Frames! ha.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

With thanks to Jay and Luca Caneli I have built a 16x9 English subtitled DVD of this underrated giallo. 

Pleasure mate, I'm glad I could help.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

With thanks to Jay and Luca Caneli I have built a 16x9 English subtitled DVD of this underrated giallo. 

Pleasure mate, I'm glad I could help.

I second the thanks to Luca  ;) and Oli  ;) for their hard work and Jonny  ::) for gettin' me a copy of this grim, grimy Giallo.  I had an enjoyable paracinematic experience  :-* watching this and its weird goings on. 

The Killer is Still Among Us provides a wonderfully sleazy atmsophere complete with: gory killings, epsecially the last one, in which it appears that the killer removes [spoiler]a victim's nipple, pubic hair and clitoris[/spoiler]while a pop song with a shoopdoop duhdoop chorus repeats in the background; a gynecologist voyeur, a criminologist voyeur, and the bar -The Devil's Tavern - where they and other voyeurs meet to openly share tips on their fetish (hilarious stuff); forensic pathologists and criminologists trying to solves the murders while a seer simultaneously holds a seance in an attempt to communicate with a victim and learn the identity of the killer; an excellent electronic score by Detto Mariano that adds an extra layer of dread to the proceedings; and the [spoiler]open-ended ambiguos ending[/spoiler] followed by the end intertitles containing moralistic (and educational, ha!) warning to the youth and the criminologists, similar to the 60s explotation films of Jacopetti & Cavara.

Yep, clockin' in at a brisk 78 minutes,  L'Assassino è ancora tra noi doesn't overstay its welcome.   
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

eiren

I've only got a terrible version of this that is obviously a fullscreen rip stretched out to be widescreen. Would love to see a proper widescreen version of it.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Just started watching this. My eyes are killing me from straining to make out what's happening in the opening scene; I think I might need to get pissed to relax them a bit.  :P
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

jack

Jonny  The copy of this i bought from European Trash Cinema was mostly unwatchable.Id like to see a better print.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action

I just read about this film last night, I was reading the booklet that came with Arrow's Bay Of Blood DVD and it's mentioned in there. It is any good and has it had a proper DVD release anywhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 36 queries.