• 23 May 2022 - 23:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Man On His Knees / Un uomo in ginocchio (Damiano Damiani, 1978)  (Read 16553 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

well, it looks 100% better than the Israeli dvd-r copy i have :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Sounds like I'm bitching doesn't it? I only asked as the NoShame DVD is listed as being 16:9 enhanced and Luca's fansub isn't. That's the main reason I was asking what the source is.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

From the pictures I'd say it's a video source rather than DVD.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

The source is from my Italian Domo Video VHS. I didn't want to re-buy the NoShame disc as I was ok with the pic quality of the Italian tape. Totally understand you wanting to rip the subs and transfer to the NoShame print though mate!.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Thanks Luca! I'll defo pick up the NoShame disc anyway, not much wrong with the Domo print like you say but if there's a DVD release available I always like to buy a copy to store my fan made projects in along side the actual release disc.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

No worries my friend. Incidentally, there were some extremely minor additional seconds of footage in the Hebrew dubbed print that aren't present in the Italian. Amounts to about 5-6 seconds of dialogue, so I'm assuming that it's down to print damage?

Stephen Grimes

Watched this last night and loved it,i'd recommend it to anyone looking for something a bit different.The sequence where the mafiosi take Gemma to meet Ettore Manni is something else especially with that uptempo music playing over it,you can almost feel Peralta's fear not knowing what'll happen to him next :'(

Thanks to Jonny and Luca :P

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

I totally agree Stephen - that sequence is pretty masterful in my opinion too! This was only my second sub project so it was far from perfect but I'm glad that it's doing the rounds, as it's a great little film.  :P

Hans

This film has one of the best performances from Gemma, period.  I think that it also has one of the best stories for a Damiani movie.  When I saw this one, it moved into my top-ten favorite crime flicks.  Then again, I'll watch anything w/Giorgi in it.   8)

Nuno

• One Just Man

Original Portuguese 1st Edition VHS
Video Label: Imavideo
Release Year: 1988

More Pics: http://nuno-dvdcollection.blogspot.com/2011/12/man-on-his-knees-1979.html

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.