• 15 Jul 2020 - 17:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Motel (Mario Gariazzo, 1979)  (Read 22829 times)

magnus

Re: Play Motel (Mario Gariazzo, 1979)
« Reply #15 on: 02 Dec 2007 - 13:27 »

This is one of my favoritefilms! I know, no taste at all... I´d love to have a 45 of the titletune, would play it all the time, catchy as hell! "Stop by at Play motel, and have a lot of fun.." Yes!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 07 Jun 2008 - 11:03 »

Fast paced disco music throughout
Just noticed that some of Ubaldo Continiello's dramatic score from this was reused in Cavallone's BABY SITTER* ,there's a great bass driven track that really stands out and goes perfectly with some of the sex crazed midget's antics.

EDIT
*as well as BLOW JOB.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jul 2011 - 13:22 »

Just looking at Johan's blog and noticed he reviews quite a nice looking copy of the h/c version which looks like it has come from a satellite TV broadcast (?) on the '7 Gold' channel...

http://euro-fever.blogspot.com/2011/02/play-motel.html?zx=e614c37ec6f87a7e

Anyone have a copy of this '7 Gold' version?

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #18 on: 07 Jul 2011 - 18:24 »

Actually, that '7 Gold' version is sadly missing all of the hardcore footage - I just used it for screenshots because the quality is much nicer than the drab, colorless version from LFVW that most of us have had to suffer through. And if you look closely, you'll notice that the naughty screenshots come from a different source without the '7 Gold' logo ;D
Btw, there are English end credits on the 7 Gold version so there's defintely an English-dubbed version of this out there somewhere even though it doesn't seem to have had a video release anywhere...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 19:46 »

Raro announced this one as coming soon on their Facebook page...
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #20 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 20:26 »

That's brilliant news!  ::)

Let's hope that it's the hardcore version but even the softcore edit would be worth a purchase as presumably it'd be miles better than any version currently out there.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #21 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 20:31 »

That's brilliant news!  ::)

Let's hope that it's the hardcore version but even the softcore edit would be worth a purchase as presumably it'd be miles better than any version currently out there.

All the copies I have look like shit so I hear what you're saying mate!

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 20:43 »

According to their reply on Facebook it will be both versions! I didn't think Raro's distributer dealt with hardcore releases though hence peoples disapointment with Blue Movie.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 21:34 »

According to their reply on Facebook it will be both versions! I didn't think Raro's distributer dealt with hardcore releases though hence peoples disapointment with Blue Movie.

Would be amazing if true! It's a ropey film even in the hardcore version but I'd buy any version in a heartbeat!

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2014 - 23:24 »

Hell yeah, about time a proper release sees the light of day!
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2014 - 13:56 »

I know Ray Lovelock was none-too-pleased with the h/c version... I'd be surprised if they could get away with an official release to be honest. I'm pretty sure he made some sort of attempt to stop the distribution but gave up when lawyer's fees were mentioned.

It wasn't just him, other members of the cast also had no idea it would later be re-edited into a hardcore feature.

Be great to see, but could it possibly land them in hot water?
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #26 on: 03 Jul 2014 - 13:57 »

Some years ago, we toyed with the idea of releasing PLAY MOTEL and wanted to do an interview with Ray Lovelock of course. So I sent him a screener of the hardcore version and called him a few days later. You can't imagine how pissed he was since this was the first time he had ever seen the film at all and naturally had no idea that a hardcore version existed. I the. Told him since he is so unhappy with the movie, we won't release it. He was happy again and said that he will ask his lawyer what to do about this issue and probably use the producer. So... If he gets wind of this release now, there might be some trouble ahead. DjangoLi might be right about fretting from the lawyer costs, but he sure will be angry as hell.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #27 on: 21 Jan 2015 - 19:07 »

Play Motel Bluray up for preorder  ::)
http://rarovideousa.com/Play-Motel-directed-by-Roy-Garrett-AVAILABLE-FOR-PRE-ORDER

From what I gather from the specs on Raro's site, the hardcore scenes will be presented as extras. Would be great to have both hard & softcore edits but whichever version it'll finally be, it's still a very exciting release for Giallo & sleaze fans.

pixote

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #28 on: 17 Jun 2015 - 23:18 »

Play Motel Bluray up for preorder  ::)
http://rarovideousa.com/Play-Motel-directed-by-Roy-Garrett-AVAILABLE-FOR-PRE-ORDER
Well, it's been delayed for quite a while, but a date is finally set for the release!

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Motel-Blu-ray-Ray-Lovelock/dp/B00YQTCPAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434583087&sr=8-1&keywords=play+motel

From what I gather from the specs on Raro's site, the hardcore scenes will be presented as extras. Would be great to have both hard & softcore edits but whichever version it'll finally be, it's still a very exciting release for Giallo & sleaze fans.

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #29 on: 18 Jun 2015 - 07:32 »

Apparently ( so I hear) Raro are shipping these out already. Someone on a Facebook group got their's last week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 33 queries.