• 21 Oct 2017 - 03:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Syndicate Sadists / Il giustiziere sfida la citta' (Umberto Lenzi, 1975)  (Read 19815 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

What is cut? Violence or just dialog?

spannick

"just" dialogue. i wonder who did the Cuts. was the US DVD a Cinema Print? European English Versions called ONE JUST MAN didn't have these cuts...

IL COMMISSARIO

Probably. The print didn't even look fully remastered. Media Blasters as of late hasn't been going the extra mile on releases the way they had in the past. In an interview in Dark Side magazine, it was said that some titles do not sell and considering the small market for crime movies, this may have been the reason. There is a Lenzi interview and commentary with subs though.

vigilanteforce

Shame about the cuts. Wondering if the Italian Noshame disc looks better than the US disc? Has anybody here seen it?

spannick

i have it, like lots of other Italian Crime-DVDs. looks like the usual Stuff, nothing special, but nothing to complain about either. 2.35 / 16:9 and uncut - what more could i even ask for... (Italian Audio only of course)

vigilanteforce

Some of the Italian Noshame's transfers are stunning- ROMA A MANO ARMATA and DEATH STEPS IN THE DARK instantly come to mind. Beautiful discs although they would have been greater if they had English options.

Stephen Grimes

sadly enough the US DVD is cut by about 2 Minutes. but a new German Company - no Company Name yet! - will release it with the uncut Italian Master hopefully this Year! will be from the same Guys who did the latest well-known NEW DVDs  :P

Options should be Audio in: German, English (complete), Turkish (!) and Italian.
No English subtitle Option though, sorry! More News when the Project goes its way...
Thanks for the info Marin,looking forward to this.

Stephen Grimes

"just" dialogue. i wonder who did the Cuts. was the US DVD a Cinema Print? European English Versions called ONE JUST MAN didn't have these cuts...
The US print was from Independent International,they released it on vhs on the Super label offshoot.
Independent International were also responsible for the US release of REVOLVER but changed the title to BLOOD IN THE STREETS,had the Super Video release of this as well and it was missing a few minutes of dialogue.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

U.K. Pre-cert

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

French release, great 2.35:1 print, shame it's in French conidering the scope dvd is cut

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

What's missing from the Media Blasters DVD? I didn't know it was cut.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread. Dialogue, no big deal.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

They're also releasing the complete European version of Lenzi's ONE JUST MAN with English/Italian/German and Turkish options,the American disc as SYNDICATE SADISTS is missing about 3mins of footage.
Is the Techno pre-cert uncut do you know?

I've got it and the Syndicate Sadists U.S. dvd but i never watched it, do you know what's cut?

Stephen Grimes

I've got it and the Syndicate Sadists U.S. dvd but i never watched it, do you know what's cut?
I think it's just dialogue mate,Marin posted abit about it in this thread a year and a half ago including info about this upcoming dvd release!

vigilanteforce

Anybody knows if the upcoming German disc of ONE JUST MAN/SYNDICATE SADISTS will be a newly remastered print? The US one didn't look so good from what I remember...

Stephen Grimes

It's had a couple of dvd releases in Italy so there's a good chance they'll probably use the same master as those,glad i didn't bother with the MB disc now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.