• 06 Jun 2020 - 04:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Syndicate Sadists / Il giustiziere sfida la citta' (Umberto Lenzi, 1975)  (Read 39833 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Additional footage or not, this one looks worthy of an upgrade based on the PQ alone  :-X

I think if I had a big HD TV I'd upgrade too as I'm sure any imperfections stick out like a sore thumb on those things when upscaled.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Additional footage or not, this one looks worthy of an upgrade based on the PQ alone  :-X

I think if I had a big HD TV I'd upgrade too as I'm sure any imperfections stick out like a sore thumb on those things when upscaled.

There is that--and I've not checked the US disc on my telly--but just looking at the small screencaps elsewhere in this thread, there's definitely a big difference between the new German disc and the Shriek Show version. The SS release looks quite fuzzy by comparison.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

The SS release looks quite fuzzy by comparison.

It doesn't look that fuzzy to me, to be honest, but I'm sure the PAL Eyecatcher disc is better overall regardless.

Besides I'd say 80% of all my film viewing is done via VHS sourced DVD-R's so my eyes must be used to fuzzy picture quality. The SS DVD looks pristine compared to some of the stuff I usually watch.

:-\
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

The SS release looks quite fuzzy by comparison.

It doesn't look that fuzzy to me, to be honest, but I'm sure the PAL Eyecatcher disc is better overall regardless.

Besides I'd say 80% of all my film viewing is done via VHS sourced DVD-R's so my eyes must be used to fuzzy picture quality. The SS DVD looks pristine compared to some of the stuff I usually watch.

:-\

Hey, the fact that the film got any DVD release, let alone two, is brilliant, mate. I'm just being pedantic.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Hey, the fact that the film got any DVD release, let alone two, is brilliant, mate. I'm just being pedantic.

I know but I just wanted to put across how I feel. At the moment I've reached a level where I just can't see the point of double dipping on these titles. It seems like multiple releases of the same films are popping up all over the world - TORSO again anyone? - which is really frustrating when we know that there's 100's of films still unreleased. For this reason all I ever seem to watch is copies of films that haven't hit DVD via old VHS releases.

I don't mind doing this at all and as such for the foreseeable future I will not be double dipping on anything unless it's a major re-master with incredible extra, never before seen, footage.

Stephen Grimes

At the moment I've reached a level where I just can't see the point of double dipping on these titles. It seems like multiple releases of the same films are popping up all over the world - TORSO again anyone? - which is really frustrating when we know that there's 100's of films still unreleased. For this reason all I ever seem to watch is copies of films that haven't hit DVD via old VHS releases.
Couldn't agree more.Seems to be the same old titles being re-released time and time again which i really just can't be arsed,or afford to,double dip on.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

No, I completely agree too – never said anything about buying this, BTW. I've not bought anything in ages. Besides FOUR FLIES and a copy of TAKEN on Blu-ray (bought with vouchers I got for Christmas), I've not bought anything since January and won't be getting anything for the foreseeable future, either.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

I save stuff that I know will probably look good on the projector. Other than that I watch older stuff on either my office LCD or the bedroom 14" CRT.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

the blob

• Violent Professional

I watched the MB disc last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a modern Western feel to it I thought and could see the connection with A Fistful Of Dollars. Despite the English title, not much sadism on display though. I think I liked it more than The Last Round but I'll probably have to go and watch that again sometime soon. Luc Merenda was definitely a more sadistic antagonist but I felt some of the action scenes were a bit clumsy and Syndicate Sadists had an overall more fluid vibe.

In the interview, Lenzi mentions Don Siegel as an influence so I wonder if Coogan's Bluff inspired the pool hall scene at all. Lenzi bemoaning not using Rambo in the title is quite amusing also.

I think the MB disc is okay. The print gets a bit scratchy at times but nothing too obtrusive for any lengthy period. Wouldn't mind watching it in Italian though although I didn't think the English dub was too bad.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I think MB used an Independent International print.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

No English again, that's a shame.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I just picked up the Eyecatcher release at long last.

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action

I'm choosing between the US release or the Eyecatcher release, what's the audio like on the Eyecatcher disc? The last time I got an Eyecatcher dvd was W! Django, and the English language audio was quite bad.
Its Santoni disco time!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

The US disc is missing some footage. Not sure about the Eyecatcher disc. I don't rate the film very highly tbh.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 34 queries.