• 24 Nov 2020 - 15:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: One of Those Things/Hændeligt uheld (Erik Balling, 1971)  (Read 8928 times)

sadystyk

About 13 years ago ITV (Granada region) were running a late night slot showing British thriller/sex dramas which included Eyewitness-John Hough, Something To Hide-Alastair Reid, Revenge and Assault-Sid Hayers and a real obscurity which I cannot recall the title of. This film was probably early to mid 70's and of the sex drama type with a long, unusual title along the lines of "It's Funny What Strange Things Can Happen On The Way Home" or something similar. I can't remember much of the plot but here goes, a stuffy, pretentious middle class guy in his fifties is driving home to his countryside cottage one night after being in the pub when something happens, can't remember exactly but he may knock someone down. Anyway, he ignores whatever it was because he's a bit drunk and carries on home but a bit later a young woman arrives uninvited and starts hinting that she knows what he's just done. This character was played by a well known British starlet of the time, I remember being surprised by how young she looked in this but even more surprised by her nude scenes later on in the movie having seen her in several other films where she doesn't kit off. She teases the guy for a while before pulling out a joint and getting him stoned, que camera being spun around, turned upside down etc and thats pretty much all I remember. I've been trying to recall the title of this for 13 years, it's driving me insane, can somebody please identify it?     

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Can Anyone Name This Film ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 10:42 »

That sounds really familiar, mate. I've either seen it, or something very similar.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

sadystyk

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 11:24 »

That sounds really familiar, mate. I've I've seen it, or something very similar.
It's really annoying because I taped it when it was on but then lent it to someone the very same week and he disappeared with it. I hate you Martin Bennet!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 11:26 »

It's a shame you can't remember one of the actors or actresses in it. Sounds like a great film though.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 11:26 »

It's fucking annoying when that happens, eh? I had a pre-cinema copy of DIE HARD 2 that got damaged after I lent it to someone. It had some of the deleted scenes that ended up as extras on the DVD integrated into the film, including one whole scene that was completely cut and has never been seen since.  :-[
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

sadystyk

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 11:36 »

It's fucking annoying when that happens, eh? I had a pre-cinema copy of DIE HARD 2 that got damaged after I lent it to someone. It had some of the deleted scenes that ended up as extras on the DVD integrated into the film, including one whole scene that was completely cut and has never been seen since.  :-[
Today's lesson appears to be NEVER lend anything out!

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:03 »

I reckon...

-> One of Those Things (aka Hændeligt uheld, 1971)

A successful auto executive Vinther(Roy Dotrice) becomes entwined with a young nubile girl, Susanne played by Judy Geeson, following an avoidable car accident, that results in the death of a man. The girl mentally blackmails our executive through manipulation leading to an affair that threatens Vinther's career and marriage. An unusual mix - a Danish film made with a British and Japanese cast in English. Rarely seen.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:25 »

Do you have this film, Marc?

sadystyk

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:35 »

I reckon...

-> One of Those Things (aka Hændeligt uheld, 1971)

A successful auto executive Vinther(Roy Dotrice) becomes entwined with a young nubile girl, Susanne played by Judy Geeson, following an avoidable car accident, that results in the death of a man. The girl mentally blackmails our executive through manipulation leading to an affair that threatens Vinther's career and marriage. An unusual mix - a Danish film made with a British and Japanese cast in English. Rarely seen.
Yes, defo sounds like the right film, Judy Geeson is the clincher, more nudity from her than I'd seen in any of her other films. Don't remember there being any Japanese in it though, it was primarily set in the cottage with just the two leads. Many thanks for the info, it really, really has bugged me for years.   

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:35 »

Now you need to find a copy!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:38 »

We should set up an "Ask Marc" section on this site, mate!  :P

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:41 »

It's been shown on the Movies for Men channel recently - I'll ask around for a copy.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

sadystyk

« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2007 - 12:45 »

Now you need to find a copy!
I'm gonna hunt that bastard Bennet down and get my copy back!

Fearlono

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2007 - 18:36 »

Ha ha ! Bennett strikes again.. He's still got my Big Black promo cd from 15 years ago, so don't hold your breath old chap..  :o

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: One of Those Things/Hændeligt uheld (Erik Balling, 1971)
« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2007 - 18:46 »

Saw the Bennett in Asda last week! First time I'd seen him in 10 years! Still looks exactly the same, minus the rats tail.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.