• 12 Jul 2020 - 22:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting DVD label  (Read 8677 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Interesting DVD label
« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 20:23 »

The Naschy/Spanish horror discs look great,more power to them and i hope we see many more.

I agree with you. They look great. More power. Just I wish they'd stop with the lies and be more honest about their various releases.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 20:25 »

Well i haven't noticed any lies about the Spanish discs,all look even better than i expected with some lovely extras and packaging.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 20:29 »

Yes they do but if AB lost money on their Naschy releases, how are BCI doing it and able to sell them for such a cheap price? Obviously you know that this is a niche market....very small.

I really don't care, I'm only specifying that they've done shady deals since becoming BCI and nothing more. A lot of their recent releases are public domain as well. The grindhouse stuff and their kung fu titles.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #18 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 21:00 »

How do you know AB lost money on them? Do you know somebody there?
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #19 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 21:04 »

No. But if they hadn't there would have been more of them. I did speak with one of their reps about the Hammer discs and was told that those didn't sell as well as they'd have liked.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 21:23 »

That's not true - I know for a fact the the company which licensed them to Anchor Bay only had those two Naschy titles.
Nucleus Films

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2007 - 21:25 »

That's not true - I know for a fact the the company which licensed them to Anchor Bay only had those two Naschy titles.

Okay. Well why didn't AB try to license more of them then?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 04:29 »

Could have been for a multitude of reasons. None of which may have been because the two they did release 'didn't sell well'.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 04:43 »

Possible but if you check the sales charts on amazon the recent BCI releases are in the 72,000s.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #24 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 04:58 »

What does that have to do with the Anchor Bay releases?

Letterboxd

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #25 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 05:27 »

Nothing. There sales are ranked at nearly 74,000. I only mentioned the BCI discs because they are the most recent. Look, I don't care how good or bad they sold, the initial comments were about BCI's releases. But obviously, you have to agree if a company releases a title and it sells the logical next step is to acquire more of the same. Look at how many times AB has released the EVIL DEAD movies and the HALLOWEEN films. And they're about to re-release them AGAIN.

I don't know how many copies were actually sold but it seems apparent to me that they didn't move very many. I bought them and would buy more of them. Regardless of BCI's legitimacy or how they go about acquiring prints will not stop me from buying the discs that I want from them I was only pointing out some shady things they've done recently and in the past.

If AB's Hammer discs didn't sell very well than it's pretty much a given that the two Naschy's didn't either. I had spoke with one of the reps with AB a few years back about acquiring VAMPIRE CIRCUS or TWINS OF EVIL and I was told that they would release what they had but that the sales weren't as good as expected but he would inquire about these. I know I had to return a dozen or more of their discs because they were defective. If you remember, a lot of critics thought AB was going down the drain because of their bad QC department. I could go on about various other releases that were defective and this may have been part of what hurt the sales of those discs.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #26 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 07:15 »

I think i may buy some goodies from this site.
Dig that groove baby.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #27 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 08:19 »

Il Commissario you do know that Marc actually works for Anchor Bay UK and had a hand in most of their releases,i can safely say he knows abit more on the subject.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #28 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 15:43 »

Nothing.

Well why say it as if it's somehow pertinent to the discussion. All you are doing is stating hypothesis as if it were fact.

Letterboxd

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #29 on: 22 Oct 2007 - 16:50 »

I think it's very unfair to criticize a company that is doing its utmost to bring niche market titles to DVD, whilst basing your posts on imdb comments and forum 'heresay'. I've done some work for the guys myself and I know they really are trying to do their best with these releases.

There is simply no way you can equate amazon sales ranks with actual sales - this is just ONE online store's rating. For example, amazon UK list our recent release at around the 3,000 mark, yet it's in the HMV top 40. It just means that amazon haven't sold as many, probably because they didn't negotaite such a good price with the distributor.

And Anchor Bay didn't license additional Naschy titles for the reasons I stated above - the two they did release were purchased as part of a package. Had the same licensor had more Naschy titles then they would have acquired these too.

And if they "didn't sell well in the US" - then why did they bother releasing them in the UK at all?

I think it's important to clear this up now and try to put an end to this unfair badmouthing of a company that is trying its utmost to please most of the fans. For this they shoud be applauded and supported by buying their discs - otherwise we may not be fortunate enough to see more of these cool titles on DVD.
Nucleus Films

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 34 queries.