Euro Cult Movie Forum > Horror

The House That Screamed / La Residencia (Narciso Serrador, 1969)

(1/10) > >>

Jonny:
Just received the French DVD release of this classic film and straight away wanted to check the quality against the bootleg version from Shoarma.

Here's a couple of grabs for you, which one do you think is the bootleg (taken from a Spanish DVD release) and which is the French DVD? I've not cropped the grabs at all, what you see is the full image taken directly from the disc...

sadystyk:

--- Quote from: Jonny on 23 Oct 2007 - 09:19 ---Just received the French DVD release of this classic film and straight away wanted to check the quality against the bootleg version from Shoarma.

Here's a couple of grabs for you, which one do you think is the bootleg (taken from a Spanish DVD release) and which is the French DVD? I've not cropped the grabs at all, what you see is the full image taken directly from the disc...

--- End quote ---
I'm guessing the top still, which I think looks better, is from the Shoarma bootleg. Do I get a prize if I'm right?

Jonny:
No you don't get a prize. You are right though. The French release surprised me at how poorly it fared against the Shoarma version. Not only does the French discs image look softer and more 'dupey' the colours are washed out and it seems to be slightly cropped...

The French disc does, however, have a grogeous cover!

sadystyk:

--- Quote from: Jonny on 23 Oct 2007 - 09:35 ---No you don't get a prize. You are right though. The French release surprised me at poorly it fared against the Shoarma version. Not only does the French discs image look softer and more 'dupey' the colours are washed out and it seems to be slightly cropped...

The French disc does, however, have a grogeous cover!

--- End quote ---
It had to be a trick question because for a Shoarma release House That Screamed is pretty good for picture quality. No prize! Boohoo!

MarcMorris:
So really the Spanish disc which Luminus nicked for the Shoarma bootleg is the best looking version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version