• 18 Aug 2022 - 00:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Micalizzi's Violence (Il Cinico, l'Infame, il Violento)  (Read 4984 times)

Quatremain

Newbie question concerning Micalizzi's Violence (Il Cinico, l'Infame, il Violento).

The cover of the Cometa release confuses me.

The lower part of it shows a scrap of the poster for "Roma a Mano Armata", the upper half a well-known motif I am unable to link to a specific movie (I bet many of you can in an instant).

So, does the release contain music for several movies?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Micalizzi's Violence (Il Cinico, l'Infame, il Violento)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 17:42 »

Newbie question concerning Micalizzi's Violence (Il Cinico, l'Infame, il Violento).

The cover of the Cometa release confuses me.

The lower part of it shows a scrap of the poster for "Roma a Mano Armata", the upper half a well-known motif I am unable to link to a specific movie (I bet many of you can in an instant).

So, does the release contain music for several movies?

It contains music to THE CYNIC THE RAT AND THE FIST, THE TOUGH ONES (ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH) and another one (i haven't got it to hand and can't remember), but it isn't BLOODY PAYROLL as pictured.

it is an extremely rare record and definately worth getting if you can get your hands on it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

fdsmedia

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2007 - 22:34 »

I wouldn't spend too much on the LP, as we're trying to license the music for release on CD...  :D

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2007 - 00:19 »

I wouldn't spend too much on the LP, as we're trying to license the music for release on CD...  :D
CD's haven't really affected the prices of the crime LP's

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Quatremain

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2007 - 06:34 »

it is an extremely rare record and definately worth getting if you can get your hands on it.
Well, it's rare, but the music lacks the vibrant drive of Italia a Mano Armata, the essential Micalizzi soundtrack.
Anyway, good news that there will be a CD release unless it is nothing more than a vinyl transfer.

Are you going to re-release the album on CD or will there be additional tracks?
The two movies would certainly deserve full-fledged soundtracks.

fdsmedia

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2007 - 06:38 »

Please note that I wrote that we're trying to license it... it's owned by Cometa and unfortunately most of their original masters are lost. It's too early to tell if there will be a CD at all, and if there exists any unreleased material. Stay tuned...

Quatremain

« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2007 - 06:48 »

Please note that I wrote that we're trying to license it... it's owned by Cometa and unfortunately most of their original masters are lost. It's too early to tell if there will be a CD at all, and if there exists any unreleased material. Stay tuned...
Sorry, wishful thinking drove me one step too far ...

Pollanet

« Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2007 - 09:46 »

I guess that masters from original tape are lost... Some really nice tracks as Roma a mano armata open credits were never edited

However yesterday night I was listening the two versions of Micalizzi's Affanno, a sort of universal icon of poliziottesco.

The version from Piombo Rovente is clean, almost perfect.... perhaps TOO clean and TOO perfect....

The version from Violence! has something more I think... perhaps just the vynil fascination

What about a good transfer from a good vynil of Violence?

KINGJOE72

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2011 - 12:00 »

Cometa Edizioni Musicali is pleased to announce the reissue of the holy grail of Italian soundtracks "Violence!" music by Franco Micalizzi on LP!
The new release of this classic Italian cop flicks, includes two new tracks never published before.
The box includes a fabulous t-shirt commemorating the 30 years of the label, a special card ...to download the MP3 version of the album in high resolution (320 k) and other paper documents from the archives CEM! The cost to the public is € 45,90.
Book now your copy, leaving your data: cem.preorders@gmail.com. You will be contacted first!

KINGJOE72

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2011 - 12:09 »

this Lp is not a remasterd version, is a carbon copy of the original press from the original master tape!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.