Euro Cult Movie Forum > Gialli

The Etruscan Kills Again / L' Etrusco uccide ancora (Armando Crispino, 1972)

(1/11) > >>

demented_uk:
I have just finished dubbing an English VHS track to the excellent German DVD release of this underrated giallo.  The quality is an immense improvement over the Eurovista release which had very poor picture and sound quality, was missing footage and the DVD would skip to the main menu during the all important final scene. 

I do not know why people look down on this film.  Okay, it does have some terrible dialogue ("does an Etruscan burial ground turn you on?") but I really like the supernatural undertones and it is certainly different to other gialli from this particular period.  Ayone else notice how Riz Ortolani's music is reminiscent of his main theme from CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST?  Alex Cord, future star of AIRWOLF, is a little bit wooden in the title role and his tash became an annoying obstacle when trying to synch the audio.

I have included some screenshots from my fandub and also from Eurovista release so that you can see the difference in quality.

My next composite will either be ANIMA PERSA (16x9, Italian audio with English subtitles) or I will continue the Etruscan theme with MURDER IN AN ETRUSCAN CEMETARY (English audio).

vigilanteforce:

--- Quote from: demented_uk on 14 Dec 2007 - 19:48 ---his tash became an annoying obstacle when trying to synch the audio.

--- End quote ---

That's very funny Oli, I am not a huge fan of the movie but I would certainly give it another chance by watching your fandub! Looks excellent.

Jonny:
Never seen it Oli, really looking forward to seeing your version though mate.

Is the grey haired guy in this grab the same guy who wakes up with a horses head in his bed in 'The Godfather'? looks just like him.

demented_uk:
Yep, that's the one.  He is really good in this, really over the top.

Jonny:
Just looked him up, it's John Marley  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version