• 06 Feb 2023 - 11:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tragic Ceremony (Riccardo Freda, 1972)  (Read 11565 times)

KommissarX

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Tragic Ceremony (Riccardo Freda, 1972)
« Reply #30 on: 22 Oct 2009 - 23:08 »

I liked it and I was definitely not expecting those outbursts of splattery violence in a film dating from 1972. However, as is the case with all the later efforts by Freda Tragic Ceremony should have been written and shot with a lot more care. Actually, Freda could have started by hiding his crew :-\

Closer, Francisco, closer! Reminded me of a shot in Django where Enzo Barboni (?) can be seen in full view. I guess it all adds to the weirdness of the ceremony scene.

Is this an error in their database or has anyone heard about this Freda entry which the imdb lists as Superhuman (1979)?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079970/
Crudox cruo!

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
Re: Tragic Ceremony (Riccardo Freda, 1972)
« Reply #31 on: 26 Oct 2011 - 22:08 »

Talk about a divisive film! Personally I was not a fan - the plot was horribly dragged out and the exposition ending was terrible (it did not even make sense), ending a moment earlier it would have been infinitely better.

The hand-held camerawork was certainly unusual though, whoever shot it was certainly doing something a little different and it is one of the few Italian horror films from that era to really understand the teen focus that horror films were taking.

My review of the Dark Sky DVD - Tragic Ceremony.

Information on Freda seems hard to come by, but I have pieced together a short bio as well - Riccardo Freda, any additions or errors noticed would be welcomed.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.