• 30 Jun 2022 - 22:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Giallo Multipacks on the horizon  (Read 8164 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: New Giallo Multipacks on the horizon
« Reply #15 on: 07 Sep 2012 - 22:14 »

Seriously, who hasn't got most, if not all of the films on these already?
I expect most on here who have been into this sort of stuff a while will do. It's great for those who haven't seen most/any of them to get the films nice and cheap.

I was hoping there may be at least one film in any of the sets to maybe get one of them but I've got them all.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2012 - 02:51 »

more BU titles in the CRIME BOSS set (STREET LAW and REVOLVER) and VIGILANTE WESTERN set (KEOMA and FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE).

Jeffrey

• Almost Human
  • "So many films...so little time."
« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2012 - 16:46 »

The Popflix sets are listed in the Coming Soon section on BoulevardMovies.com for $11.99 each.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2012 - 22:34 »

All 3 were in the mailbox when I got home tonight.
Only peeked at EGG and am watching DARK IS DEATH' S FRIEND now. 
Both are anamorphic widescreen and look a teeny bit soft at first glance but not bad overall.  I need to spend a while and check these out and compare against the original discs I own.  More to come on these but they are shipping ahead of the street date if anymore is thinking of ordering.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
New Giallo Multipacks on the horizon
« Reply #19 on: 14 Sep 2012 - 22:39 »

Hmm, I wonder if Death Laid an Egg is fake 16x9? The Japanese DVD was non-anamorphic.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #20 on: 15 Sep 2012 - 15:27 »

Well, EGG has an odd digital jitter here and there, almost like a film jump.  Weird, and it is a tad soft.  So not really a good alternative if you are looking for the real deal.
I looked at SEVEN NOTES IN BLACK, contrast seems too bright and there are some translated captions that are matted off by the 16x 9 framing.  DEEP RED is a 1:49 min cut with some parts in Italian ( some have subs, most do not ).  RED looks pretty sharp though.  So some sloppy pilfering here ( no surprise either ).
The discs I checked had under 7 gigs on them, and compression artifacts pop up here and there.   As expected, for the asking price, you pretty much get what you pay for.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #21 on: 15 Sep 2012 - 15:29 »

Well, EGG has an odd digital jitter here and there, almost like a film jump.  Weird, and it is a tad soft.  So not really a good alternative if you are looking for the real deal.

What's the running time of DEATH LAID AN EGG?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

WayneSmith

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #22 on: 17 Sep 2012 - 19:35 »

popflix is the same label that put out 'that' spag. western 'box' (3 million movies on one disc), i think. Even if it was very cheap, i regret buying it, as only Keoma had reasonable pic quality, and a few were downright unwatchable. i think i just threw it away.

edit: i actually meant the "vigilante western collection", which isnt spaghetti only, but also has a movie with william shatner; this one in particular was unwatchable.

I haven't seen: "the red queen kills 7 times", "your vice is a locked room and only i have the key" and "death laid an egg" but even if the pic and sound quality on these bootlegs is great (doubt it), I wouldn't buy them, for several reasons. One of them being that the movies i haven't seen are spread over 2 'boxes', so i'd have to buy 2 just to get 3 movies, and then suddenly it's not that cheap anymore.

Collins

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #23 on: 17 Sep 2012 - 20:45 »

ive got the mafia kingpin collection and the big guns collection by pop flix. on mafia kingpin only the cynic, the rat and the fist and violent naples are ok picture wise, master touch, cop in blue jeans and mister scarface are really bad picture wise. on big guns collection both big guns and emergancy squad look ok but violent professionals, long arm of the godfather and magnum cop look terrible picture wise. you cant really argue however as they are very cheap but anyone buying a popflix offering be prepared for variable picture quality.

robertzombie

« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2012 - 14:00 »

I just checked their site and they have plenty of other Media Blasters titles.
These 3 titles, despite having an October release ( not Nov. as in the flyers ), are all listed as in stock at $5.58.  So I figured what the hell, and ordered all 3 for under $21 shipped.
Seems too good to be true and probably is, but for $21 I can roll the dice.   

Thanks hellochas for the heads up...gonna repost this at Latarnia and give you props.

Could you provide a link to order them? All I keep getting on the Allegro site is a registration form...

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 14 Oct 2012 - 20:07 »

Just checked their site and the packs are not listed currently.

unclefred

« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2012 - 02:42 »

Popflix has a channel on Roku, I've watched some Italian cop flix on it.

unclefred

« Reply #27 on: 15 Oct 2012 - 02:48 »

popflix is the same label that put out 'that' spag. western 'box' (3 million movies on one disc), i think. Even if it was very cheap, i regret buying it, as only Keoma had reasonable pic quality, and a few were downright unwatchable. i think i just threw it away.

edit: i actually meant the "vigilante western collection", which isnt spaghetti only, but also has a movie with william shatner; this one in particular was unwatchable.

I haven't seen: "the red queen kills 7 times", "your vice is a locked room and only i have the key" and "death laid an egg" but even if the pic and sound quality on these bootlegs is great (doubt it), I wouldn't buy them, for several reasons. One of them being that the movies i haven't seen are spread over 2 'boxes', so i'd have to buy 2 just to get 3 movies, and then suddenly it's not that cheap anymore.

$6.98 for four films is pretty cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Fiends-Collection-George-Hilton/dp/B007LNJ4IS/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1350269193&sr=1-1&keywords=deadly+fiends
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.