• 30 Jun 2022 - 21:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosi Dolce... Cosi Perversa / So Sweet... So Perverse (Umberto Lenzi, 1969)  (Read 17497 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Thanks for the grabs ecc. Doesn't look too bad at all. I've got the DVD on order and hopefully will have in a week or so.

Mart85

Just got the disc today.  Just the "play movie" and "scene selections" as extras.  16:9 and Italian mono sound.  Strange thing is that the Variety Film logo is silent and the music starts in a little abruptly.  I was wondering if this was a problem with the elements for the DVD as the English version begins with the start of the song on the first shot.  On the other hand the song also ends abruptly on Trintignant firing his shotgun.  The Italian track however seems to have started abruptly so that the director's credit coincides with the last lyrics of the song.

Just a guess but the transfer on the DVD might be missing frames.  Be a bugger if there are missing frames from the start and end of every shot.  My mate that did the GARRINGO fandub had to deal with this.  It's doable but it takes a lot of time.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

In PAL, the Italian disc runs almost 2 minutes longer than the PAL sourced Greek subtitled English language audio source.  That may be a result of print damage on the English source (Greek tapes usually come from actual prints rather than masters meant for video) or there might be extra footage (probably tops and tails of scenes) in the Italian version (the previous Italian fullscreen disc I had had English credits).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

So what's your plan Eric? You going to use the DVD audio for the majority of the dub and just drop in the dialogue when needed?

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I'm using the English audio for the bulk of the audio and dropping the Italian audio in where needed.  I made a wav file of the title song from an .mp3 which sounds quite good (the .mp3 was encoded at 320 kbps or whatever) and used it in place of the title song on both tracks and by starting it on the logo, the song ends at the right place with Lenzi's director's credit (it also has some nice stereo separation).  I have both audio tracks on the timeline so if there is a non-dialogue scene that sounds better on the Italian track then I'll use that which is easy since the Italian track is already in sync with the video.  And, of course, when I've exported the audio, I'll normalize it and see how much if any noise reduction can be applied (with Audacity's plugin, a little goes a long way).

I think this project will much easier than previous project I did where the widescreen image I was working from was riddled with print damage and missing frames at the reel changes.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Sounds great. First time I tried cleaning up an audio track (Poliziotto senza paura - Fearless Fuzz) I used Audacity and seemed to get really good results, nice bit of kit.

Look forward to the results of your project, I should have my dub of the German DVD of Dallamano's 'Dorian Gray' done soon so I'll trade you if you like.  :'(

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Superb work ECC, keep us posted mate. I for one would be very interested to see your final result.
Would also be willing to trade for one of my fan subs? :D

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Yes I would be willing to trade when its finished.  In the first five minutes, I've had to split the track a couple times but its just by milliseconds so it looks like a lot of the difference in running time will be shots that go on a little longer at the start or end.  I'll keep you all posted on my progress.  The only extra I can think to include is the English title sequence.  I haven't come across a trailer for this or any of the other Baker/Lenzi films except for KNIFE OF ICE (I guess that could be a related extra).

When you're trying to sync up tracks, you start to notice things like how lame some sound effects are.  On the English track for those of you who have the Greek subbed release, listen to Trintignant's footsteps as he approaches Carroll Baker's apartment after finding the piece of jewelry in the lift.  It sounds like a sound effects artist tapping one shoe against a block of wood.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

This sounds very promising! I love this film! Even in the fullscreen Greek version I find it very impressive. Just recently got a French publicity brochure for the film on eBay too.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I'm 36 minutes into the fandubbing and have made so many little adjustments to the sync (in milliseconds).  I'm gonna try to do a full half-hour of it tonight.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

The scenes with Carroll Baker are easiest to sync up since she dubs herself and seems to stick to her line readings.  The other actors are performing in English but dubbed by others (the voice actress for Erika Blanc sounds very familiar).

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

For the first 80 minutes, I had to advance the English track and fill it in with the Italian track because shot ran longer in the Italian version.  The reverse is true in the last 10 minutes where the English scenes a tad longer.

fdsmedia

Thanks for the progress report!  ::)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Finished.  There is only one instance of extended dialogue in the Italian version in the final scene.  There are no optional subs on the disc so I can't translate all of it but I don't think its crucial.  The very last line which follows it is dubbed and is likely the more important piece of dialogue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.