• 12 Aug 2022 - 07:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Still Kill the Old Way / A ciascuno il suo (Elio Petri, 1967)  (Read 5031 times)

Distorty

IMDB Plot outline:

Sicilia, late '60s. Two men are killed during a hunting party. The hurried inquiry indicates that it was a killing made for 'honor' reasons. Paolo Laurana is a leftist professor not convinced of the official truth and starts investigating by him-self. He finds some help by a solicitor, Mr Rosello. While investigating he is fascinated by one of the victim's widow: Luisa. But the reality is too different from what Laurana could image. Reality includes not only mafia and corrupt politicians, but also Church connections! The reality is that there could be only one end for Laurana. It won't take long.

I can't find much more information on this, thought the knowledgeable LoveLockAndLoad forum could drop some knowledge abotu this film, and any possible DVD, DVD-R etc?

Thanks!

Stephen Grimes

There's an Italian language release on the Medusa label which looks interesting,i really should make the effort to check it out.I also read somewhere that VSOM put out an English subtitled version but the transfer from a vhs tape was dire.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Some grabs from the fan subbed version doing the rounds...

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Yes, I have the same copy with DjangoLi's fan subs, very nice print. Excellent film with a cracking soundtrack.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Just want to add that LordRetsudo actually created this fan dvd - my subs were for the shorter tv version. I believe he took the existing subs and filled in the missing scenes. Credit where credit's due! He did a mighty fine job.

Also, the book is also well worth a read and has been translated to English > it's a classic of modern Italian literature. The film does follow the book very closely.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Wow! I'm very impressed. I love Petri and have wanted to see this one for a long time. Well done!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

Wow! I'm very impressed. I love Petri and have wanted to see this one for a long time. Well done!

Likewise.  I'd love to see Criterion release a box-set of his films through Eureka.  Still a crime there's no R1 DVD relase of INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN BEYOND SUSPICION. :)
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I've always wanted to see this film, i had the ost before.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Likewise.  I'd love to see Criterion release a box-set of his films through Eureka.  Still a crime there's no R1 DVD relase of INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN BEYOND SUSPICION. :)

I emailed someone at Sony Pictures in the UK recently about the possibility of them putting out IOACAC and he didn't rule it out: for the record, the guy that's got a lot of swing in terms of getting catalogue titles out is really clued-up and has been licencing Sony titles to Movie Mail as exclusives. I also gave him a nudge about Henri Verneuil's THE BURGLARS too.  :-X
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I emailed someone at Sony Pictures in the UK recently about the possibility of them putting out IOACAC and he didn't rule it out: for the record, the guy that's got a lot of swing in terms of getting catalogue titles out is really clued-up and has been licencing Sony titles to Movie Mail as exclusives. I also gave him a nudge about Henri Verneuil's THE BURGLARS too.  :-X
Grazie, mate!   :P
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Let's hope he listened to properly and didn't just say what you wanted to hear to be polite.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

bdc

Will have to check this out,I've been very impressed by Petri so far.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

... been very impressed by Petri so far.

'Todo Modo' (Volonte & Mastroianni) is another one of Petri's which is well worth a look...again, there's a fan sub of this out too.

bdc

Thanks for the tip!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.