• 21 Jun 2021 - 07:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Come cani arrabbiati (Mario Imperoli ,1976)  (Read 47628 times)

Pollanet

Re: Come cani arrabbiati (Mario Imperoli ,1976)
« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2008 - 12:34 »

ok, now I tell you the story of this VHS tape, the part of the story that I know  :P

for many years there was only a little image of the cover of this vhs, nobody could say if it was a fake or not... only his owner!

after it was sold on ebay some years ago, and it was bought by an italian collector, who has a video-rent in Milan

and he... put this precious tape on rent! You understand?! he bought this VHS for a lot of euros and after he grant to everyone to rent it for a few euros, not a copy, the original tape, with all the risks to damage it!

so a friend of mine rent this movie and obviously made a DVDr from it, this is the copy that circulates in Italy IMO

however all the pictures from 2 sheets/4 sheets posters are different and really great, i never saw fotobustas

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 01 Mar 2008 - 15:59 »

so a friend of mine rent this movie and obviously made a DVDr from it, this is the copy that circulates in Italy IMO
Is this the copy with the sound problem(distortion) for 10 minutes about half way into the film?

Pollanet

« Reply #17 on: 01 Mar 2008 - 21:08 »

Is this the copy with the sound problem(distortion) for 10 minutes about half way into the film?

::)

my friend says that perhaps made a mistake reversing the VHS on DVDR, but I think it's a trouble on the original tape

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #18 on: 02 Mar 2008 - 15:42 »

but I think it's a trouble on the original tape
This is what i think as well.
Anyone seen this without the sound problem or is it on all copies of the original Greek vhs?

Mannaja_Nero

« Reply #19 on: 03 Mar 2008 - 16:46 »

If anyone has a spare I'll gladly take it off their hands.  :D
German collector Michael 'Gialloboy' had one for sale a few weeks back,never found out how much he was looking for it though.

He got "an excellent trade" for it.

There's a few copies of this floating around...the one Mike had, the one I have...so there's more than one copy circulating, btw.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #20 on: 03 Mar 2008 - 17:12 »

...the one Mike had, the one I have...

Does your original VHS have the audio glitch Kenneth?

Mannaja_Nero

« Reply #21 on: 03 Mar 2008 - 18:12 »

Haven't had the chance to check it out...we've been busy working our asses off...sorry mate.  :D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2008 - 18:16 »

If you ever get the chance it'd be interesting to see if it does and whether all the original tapes have that audio problem.

Mannaja_Nero

« Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2008 - 18:35 »

I'll be happy to check it out for you. I'll find out from Mike whether or not his copy had the problem too. It'll take a pretty long ass time for me to check out that tape, btw. Our job has us travelling everywhere but home.  :-X

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #24 on: 07 Mar 2008 - 15:09 »

Nice to see Annarita Grapputo, who I last saw in Lizzani's 'Teenage Prostitution Racket' (Storie di vita e malavita), playing it nice and sleazy taking her clothes off a lot and generally sleeping with every male cast member. Always had a soft spot for her and she looks as good as ever in this.
Just noticed her in ROMA DROGATA where she plays Bud Cort's girlfriend,her performance in this is nowhere near as striking as in ARRABBIATI though where she really stands out.

Btw there's a 2 page article on her in Cine 70 #1

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #25 on: 07 Mar 2008 - 15:35 »

Btw there's a 2 page article on her in Cine 70 #1

Thanks for reminding me! I'd forgotten about that and I have that mag at work so I'll dig it out and give it a read.  :'(

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #26 on: 11 Mar 2008 - 11:44 »

How would the title translate into English?

Is the literal translation some thing along the lines of... 'They Act Like Angry Dogs'?

Any ideas?

Pollanet

« Reply #27 on: 11 Mar 2008 - 13:25 »

How would the title translate into English?

Is the literal translation some thing along the lines of... 'They Act Like Angry Dogs'?

Any ideas?

yes, this can be the literal translation, but...

if I remember well Mario Bava's "Cani arrabbiati" is translated as "Wild Dogs" and "Rabid Dogs" (i prefer this last one)

so perhaps in a simpler way Come Cani Arrabbiati can be translated in "Like Rabid Dogs"... but i don't know if it's correct in english  :D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #28 on: 11 Mar 2008 - 13:35 »

if I remember well Mario Bava's "Cani arrabbiati" is translated as "Wild Dogs" and "Rabid Dogs" (i prefer this last one)

so perhaps in a simpler way Come Cani Arrabbiati can be translated in "Like Rabid Dogs"... but i don't know if it's correct in english  :D

Cheers Polla,

'Like Rabid Dogs' certainly has the better sound to it, I think that's the one I'd use if I ever had to choose an English title for it.

Pollanet

« Reply #29 on: 11 Mar 2008 - 14:04 »

in a general sense I find very interesting the translations from italian title to english/international and also from english/international title to italian

often in the past international titles was completely changed in italian edition, sometimes IMO with a better title, for example French Connection in italy is Il braccio violento della legge (litterally "The violent hand of the law") that also inspired the title for a lot of italian movies

now it's difficult that an international title is changed in italian

in some cases I was very surprised to know the english title of an italian crime movie... seems to remember that english title for Roma a mano armata is Rome armed to the teeth, that is a title very close to the italian way to say "Armato fino ai denti"... so close that seems a "maccheronica" translation, that is a wrong literal translation from italian...

so sometimes I have difficulties because seems me to make "maccheroniche" translations......  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.