• 25 May 2022 - 01:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurocrime! The Italian Cop and Gangster Films that Ruled the '70s (2012)  (Read 236223 times)

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

One of the men everyone loves to hate -- villainous actor John Steiner! He gave an interview last week in his L.A. real estate office to Mike Martinez for the doc. (Everyone, show Mike some love for the L.A. interviews he's been producing...)

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action

Oh, and belatedly here's the frame caps from the intvw I conducted with Chris Mitchum for the doc last month. (Don't know how I made the frame caps look so sepia-toned; the actual footage looks much truer to life...)

Stephen Grimes

Really looking forward to John Steiner,the interview he did for the CALIGULA Imperial SE in which he talked about how ROMA VIOLENTA made him a star in Italy is superb.

Mart85

Nice work Mike Malloy and Mike Martinez.  Really looking forward to seeing it.  ::)

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action

A "favorite eurocrime film" thread has started on the doc's imdb page. Feel free to contribute, guys; I like activity on our imdb listing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1225633/board/nest/122474743

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

A "favorite eurocrime film" thread has started on the doc's imdb page. Feel free to contribute, guys; I like activity on our imdb listing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1225633/board/nest/122474743

Added a list!  :D
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Gary B.

wow, those people on the IMDB board really hate Di Leo's films.  Some people just have no taste.

vigilanteforce

I never understood everybody's hate for I PADRONI DELLA CITTA- its one of my all-time favorites.

Distorty

No offensive to the doco but god IMDB comments are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to movie discussion.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action

No offensive to the doco but god IMDB comments are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to movie discussion.

Yeah, that's why I was hoping you guys would get on there -- as Paul has already graciously done -- and elevate the level of discourse.

Gary B.

I never understood everybody's hate for I PADRONI DELLA CITTA- its one of my all-time favorites.
same here.  i love that one, and it gets better with each viewing. 

Canisius

Wow, this is an amazing project! And it is safe to say that this is my most anticipated movie for next year (although it is a documentary)...can't wait for the release ;)

burningcity

Mike this is an incredible project! Did you try to get interviews with Fabio Testi, Tomas Milian or Mario Adorf? Also 2 women with prominent roles in many Italian crime films that would be worthwhile are Claudia Cardinale and Luciana Paluzzi.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action

Just saw these last two posts; thanks so much for your interest, guys.

We have pursued Tomas Milian a bit; the others we have not (Mr. Testi was high on our list, though). In any case, we have 20 interviews in the can, more footage than we could ever use (and almost more than my tired little typing fingers can log!).

So we'll be able to tell the story of the genre very thoroughly, even if a few filmmakers are not represented (thank God for all the dvd featurettes that allow their stories to be told elsewhere).

burningcity

Mike, I figured you probably tried to get Testi and Milian. I know you have a ton of footage, as you said much more than you need but I think you should still try to get Claudia Cardinale if possible for a couple of reasons, although she doesn't have the following of a Sophia Loren, she's still very popular in Italy as well as other countries including the US (she was in 6 of them) and it may be a good idea to have a woman's views/experiences on these films as it may attract some womens' interest (they do make up 50% of the population!, LOL). Phil.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.