Euro Cult Movie Forum > Police & Crime

What Are Your Favourite Italian Crime Flicks

(1/26) > >>

Paul:
From Wikipedia

Poliziotteschi is a sub-genre of crime and action film that emerged in Italy in the late 1960s and became popular in the 1970s. Poliziotteschi films are also known as poliziottesco, Italo-crime, Euro-crime or simply Italian crime films. Poliziesco on the other hand is the 'proper' Italian adjective for police-related dramas, ranging from Ed McBain's police procedural novels to CSI forensic investigations. 'Poliziesco' is used generally to indicate every fiction production where police forces (Italian or foreign) are the main protagonists, 'poliziottesco', on the other hand with the '-esco' desinence (akin to the English '-esque') suggesting a low-key derivative imprint is only ever used to indicate 70s-era Italian produced 'tough cop' and 'crime' movies. Recurring elements in poliziotteschi films include graphic and brutal violence, organized crime, car chases, vigilantism, heists, gun fights and corruption up to the highest level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliziotteschi

Yes, most would dismiss them as cheap cash-ins of more well-known American flicks, but to us, they're so much more. Stars such as Franco Nero, Maurizio Merli, Tomas Milian, Fabio Testi and Luc Merenda made these contemporary spaghetti westerns eminently likeable. So what are your favourites?

Here are some of mine:

High Crime (1973, Enzo G Castellari)
Anonymous Avenger (1974, Enzo G Castellari)
The Big Racket (1976, Enzo G Castellari)
Violent Rome (1975, Marino Girolami)
Special Cop In Action (1976, Marino Girolami)
Violent Naples (1976, Umberto Lenzi)
Tough Ones (1976, Umberto Lenzi)
Calibre 9 (1972, Fernando di Leo)
Manhunt (1974, Fernando di Leo)

Dorado:
This is my Top 10 of the films I have on DVD at the moment. Since there are many films that I don't have on DVD yet that list might be altered later.  :-X

1.   Revolver
2.   High Crime
3.   Almost Human
4.   IL Boss
5.   Violent Rome
6.   Confessions of a police captain
7.   Street Law
8.   Milano Calibro 9
9.   Ricco the mean machine
10.   Tony Arzenta

vigilanteforce:
Hard question but I am going to give it a try:

ANONYMOUS AVENGER (STREET LAW)
BLAZING FLOWERS
BOSS, THE
LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN
RICCO (THE MEAN MACHINE)
ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH
SAVAGE THREE (FANGO BOLLENTE)
TONY ARZENTA- BIG GUNS
VIOLENT NAPLES
VIOLENT ROME

I listed them in alphabetical order as it would be too hard otherwise. I guess everybody here likes pretty much the same.

--- Quote from: Companero on 06 Jul 2007 - 10:37 ---Special Cop In Action (1976, Marino Girolami)

--- End quote ---
Nice to see this in your list, I was watching it again last week and loved it! Can't wait to see it on DVD!

Paul:
There's three in there that I've not seen, but that I have are all ace, mate. I love TONY ARZENTA - it's a great flick, with Delon on fine form. Duccio Tessari is a really underrated talent in my book.

LANZETTA:
This isn't easy as this genre is new to me and i've only watched the majority of my polizios once but for the best so far i'd suggest REVOLVER,ALMOST HUMAN,THE BOSS,HIGH CRIME,BIG RACKET,BLAZING MAGNUM and at least one of Maurizio Merli's movies,i dunno, ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version