• 08 Feb 2023 - 22:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Eroticist / All'onorevole piacciono le donne... (Lucio Fulci, 1972)  (Read 4193 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

aka All'onorevole piacciono le donne (Nonostante le apparenze... e purché la nazione non lo sappia)

Anyone pick up the Severin DVD? Never seen this one and curious to hear what people think of it.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Confession time... The old VPD tape of this is the only thing I have ever stolen. Years back, I was in a Blockbuster store looking through their ex-rental sale bin. Saw a tape of The Eroticist on a nearby shelf - not for sale - but went up to the counter and asked if they'd sell it. The girl behind the counter checked on their records and said it hadn't been hired in years but she couldn't sell it. I offered £10. No. I was on a real Fulci bent at the time and so walked out with it in my coat pocket. I set the alarm off but managed to talk my way out of it. Got home and watched the tape. Sad to say it wasn't worth the hassle.

That said, I'll pick up the Severin disc at some point.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action

Yeah I got the Severin dvd, I liked it more than I thought I would.. the plot is very original and it definitely feels like a Fulci movie.

Not much nudity though if you're expecting alot.

Richard C

I watched this a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. No doubt I missed a lot of the subtler satire Fulci used to lampoon the church, politicians and military etc but for the most part it's enjoyable to watch. There isn't a great deal of nudity but quality makes up for lack of quantity  :-\

Pollanet

Seems that Lucio Fulci made this movie based on an italian politic man, Emilio Colombo; he died some years ago, when he was 80 he was involved in a business about prostitution and cocaine  :-\

Fulci wanted to show the contraddictions of DC's men, that was the party who had the power in Italy for more than 40 years... obviously he had many troubles with this movie

Richard C

Seems that Lucio Fulci made this movie based on an italian politic man, Emilio Colombo; he died some years ago, when he was 80 he was involved in a business about prostitution and cocaine  :-\
Yes that's talked about in the documentary, although as usual with these things some of those who worked on the film disagree with that view. One contributor to the documentary (forgot who exactly) noted that whilst some of the humour may have dated from the 70s the political sheenanigans in Italy still continue to this day and is probably just as relevant now as it was then. You've only got to look at Berlusconi who on his return is now putting in legislation to halt the current corruption changes against him....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.