• 26 Jun 2022 - 08:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Road to Fort Alamo / La Strada per Fort Alamo (1964, Mario Bava)  (Read 14507 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Mario Bava's 1964 western THE ROAD TO FORT ALAMO is getting released by Koch media in Germany.

The only other Bava western i have ever seen is ROY COLT AND WINCHESTER JACK.

Looking forward to getting/seeing this.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

fdsmedia

English options?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

English options?
Most Koch westerns have English subtitles but don't actually say so, i should imagine it has but i wouldn't be too sure.

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Special Cop In Action
    • Fragments of Fear - A Giallo Podcast

Thanks for the heads up Tanzi. I'll probably pick this up since it's Bava, but like you I've only seen ROY COLT and in all honesty I wasn't that impressed by it. 

LANZETTA

I've got ROY COLT to watch as part of the Bava box set vol 2 but i haven't heard any kind words about it.I don't suppose he utilised his horror genius in this genre whereas other Italian directors very effectively blended the gothic element in such movies as SARTANA,DJANGO THE BASTARD and AND GOD SAID TO CAINE.

I've almost given up on Weissers shitty book for any statistical accuracy as well as his bullshit plot synopsis's but there is mention of a 3rd Bava western called SAVAGE GRINGO.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I've got ROY COLT to watch as part of the Bava box set vol 2 but i haven't heard any kind words about it.
I wasn't that impressed with it myself to be honest, i want to see this simply because it is a Bava and a spaghetti i haven't seen, Still need to traack down his other western RINGO DEL NEBRASKA.

Dorado

I just watched this one, its pretty average and It has kind of an american feel to it.
Its one of the few Spaghetti westerns that deals with war against the indians thoug.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Should get my one sometime in the week

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I just watched this one, its pretty average and It has kind of an american feel to it.

I agree, if i wasn't watching it in Italian i'd think the same thing, also the soundtrack wasn't very spaghetti like (although Morricone and Leone helped change the style of both the same year)
It was ok for a watch but nothing special, nothing that would make you suspect it was a Bava film either.

Check out the cactus 25-26 minutes in ::)

Has anybody got a copy of NEBRASKA JIM atall?

Andrew Monroe

I`ve got this here, hope to get to it over the next few days, but like ya`ll I`m not too thrilled with ROY COLT and don`t expect much with this one. I always thought Kim Newman`s review of it in the Eyeball Compendium was pretty funny, he talks about the characters riding past the same ridge over and over. He also mentions the art director is our old friend Demofilo Fidani (as Demos Philos).

Another interesting thing Newman says in passing is Bava`s "disputed" NEBRASKA IL PISTOLERO. Wonder what he meant by that?

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Has anybody got a copy of NEBRASKA JIM atall?

Luminous sell a DVD-R but never bothered picking it up - think it's fullscreen. Since Nebraska Jim played in the Venice Film Festival's 'Westerrn All'Italiana' section a few years back I've been secretly holding out for a legit decent copy of this to pop up at some time. Still waiting...
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Another interesting thing Newman says in passing is Bava`s "disputed" NEBRASKA IL PISTOLERO. Wonder what he meant by that?

Presumably he is referring to the fact that Bava was never credited for directing it and only comparatively recently was it revealed that he in fact helmed the film.

Most of the early Spaghetti Westerns had more American style soundtracks although Morricone's early scores for Le Pistole Non Discutono (1964) and Duello nel Texas (1963) had opening songs similar to the genre's later works.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

It is coming out again on Wild East on a double bill with A Place Called Glory end of August.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Finally gotten around to watching and reviewing this one. Nothing that exciting, but a rare chance to see a pre-Leone Spaghetti Western complete with Native Americans who were completely absent from the Italian genre entries (despite being major characters in the German films).

Review: Road to Fort Alamo
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Do either of these discs include a theatrical trailer?
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.