• 18 May 2021 - 08:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amanti D'Oltretomba / Nightmare Castle (Mario Caiano, 1965)  (Read 11461 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Great news! NIGHTMARE CASTLE aka THE FACELESS MONSTER is getting a legit dvd release from Severin. Retromedia released this in an apparently uncut form a couple years ago with the film running around 100 to 105 minutes long. The pic quality on that one is fine,  and appears taken possibly from a VHS source so it will be great to have this one on special edition dvd. Caiano may have used a pseudonym on this one. I'll have to dig it out and check. This blurb was taken from fangoria's news page...

July 15: Steele’s classic CASTLE gets new DVD life

Filmmaker/DVD producer David Gregory gave Fango the scoop that he and Severin Films will give the Barbara Steele-starring Italian chiller NIGHTMARE CASTLE its first official DVD release, following the discovery of the original negative in Rome, and provided the first peek at the cover art. The 1965 film, a.k.a. THE FACELESS MONSTER and LOVERS FROM BEYOND THE TOMB and directed/co-written by Mario Caiano, casts Steele as the unfaithful wife of a doctor, who tortures her and her lover to death, and the victim’s twin sister, whom the doctor later marries and subsequently suffers from frightening visions of murder.

“We will be doing a new HD transfer in its original aspect ratio, so all those super-cheap bootleg DVDs taken from 10th-generation TV prints can now be discarded forever,” Gregory says. “Caiano is still very much with us, and we recently shot a great interview with the 75-year-old master at his home just outside of Rome. NIGHTMARE CASTLE also showcases the very first horror score by the legendary Ennio Morricone, and the beautiful black-and-white cinematography comes courtesy of Enzo Barboni, who would later strike gold as the director of the TRINITY Westerns starring Terence Hill and Bud Spencer. We’re very excited to be releasing this uncut, uncensored and unsung hit of Italian horror history, which after years of bootleg abominations will now find its rightful place alongside the other Barbara Steele classics like Mario Bava’s BLACK SUNDAY and Antonio Margheriti’s CASTLE OF BLOOD. This is NIGHTMARE CASTLE as it truly has never been seen before.”

In addition, Gregory and Severin will also be granting the first official U.S. disc release to DOOR INTO SILENCE, the final film by gore maestro Lucio Fulci, starring John Savage. Look for updates on these and other Gregory/Severin projects as we get ’em! —Michael Gingold

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Great news indeed but you're an hour late with your news sir!  :D

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=1001.msg34852#new

Stephen Grimes

Caiano may have used a pseudonym on this one.
Allan Grunewald

IL COMMISSARIO

Great news indeed but you're an hour late with your news sir!  :D

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=1001.msg34852#new

Fuck! I did a search but nothing came up! I should have known anyways. :-* Might need to give this one a re-watch to refresh my memory. I remember some torture stuff in this one with Babs being whipped and such. :-\

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Fuck! I did a search but nothing came up!

No worries, search is being a bitch lately. I just posted a new thread about Lenzi's KNIFE OF ICE after trying to find another thread on it only to realise there was infact one already...

???

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I'm sure Marc won't mind me posting his US poster that he recently scanned and restored, wonder why he did that then?

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

It was originally planned to use it for the cover, but as all those shitty dupes used the same artwork it was ditched  >:(

You may remember that this was previously issued on UK video as Night of the Doomed - back in my days at Redemption. That was also the full uncut version.

Just made a nice little animation for Severin's homepage:

http://www.severin-films.com/

Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

It was originally planned to use it for the cover

Fuckers, Severin are cool but the cover art policy seems to be lacking a tad lately.

IL COMMISSARIO

The Retromedia dvd cover while different, kind of gives away something from the film...

http://www.amazon.com/Faceless-Monster-Barbara-Steele/dp/B00007KK2R

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

The Retromedia dvd cover while different, kind of gives away something from the film...

LOL! I've never seen this film so now I know something I shouldn't  :-\

IL COMMISSARIO

LOL! I've never seen this film so now I know something I shouldn't  :-\

Yeah, but you don't know HOW she ends up that way! :-\

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

All we need now is AN ANGEL FOR SATAN.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Retromedia released this in an apparently uncut form a couple years ago with the film running around 100 to 105 minutes long. The pic quality on that one is fine,  and appears taken possibly from a VHS source so it will be great to have this one on special edition dvd.

It looked fine on an interlaced TV but hazy on a progressive monitor.  I love the artwork under the titles which they did not use in the English titles.

IL COMMISSARIO

It looked fine on an interlaced TV but hazy on a progressive monitor.  I love the artwork under the titles which they did not use in the English titles.

Figured that as some reviews made mention of pixelation which I didn't see as I have a 27 inch flat screen only right now but plan to upgrade to an LCD real soon.

Mr White

Italian folio if nobodys seen it..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.