• 14 Aug 2022 - 10:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Island of the Fishmen / L'isola degli uomini pesce (Sergio Martino, 1979)  (Read 14653 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Watched this again this afternoon, not seen it for ages.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

I watched it again a few weeks ago via the italian noshame disc and it is a very cool film,can anybody comment on the sequel,i know its meant to be crap but im still interested

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.

I just ordered the sequel.
Dig that groove baby.

the blob

• Violent Professional

Sounds like Scorpion are releasing the Screamers version sometime on BD. He's got a deal with Corman but it doesn't sound like he has the rights to the Italian version. Never seen the version myself but I really like this film. Had the Marketing Film and No Shame DVD's but just own the latter now. I tried but I just couldn't get far past that absolutely awful opening of the sequel.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Sounds like Scorpion are releasing the Screamers version sometime on BD. He's got a deal with Corman but it doesn't sound like he has the rights to the Italian version. Never seen the version myself but I really like this film. Had the Marketing Film and No Shame DVD's but just own the latter now. I tried but I just couldn't get far past that absolutely awful opening of the sequel.
Awful cover, awful title for it :-\

Do you know what's different about this version?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

From imdb

After a poorly-received release in the U.S. as "Something Waits In The Dark", New World Pictures re-released it as "Screamers", with a completely new (and mis-leading) marketing campaign promising "You will actually see someone turned inside out... while he's still alive!", with a newly-filmed trailer featuring just that. Though this scene was not in the actual film, New World were forced to splice the actual footage from the trailer into all existing theatrical prints, after riots occurred by angry drive-in customers who were mis-lead. Since the footage was never inserted into the film's negative print, the video version does not contain this scene.

Here's a trailer for the Screamers version, notice the staggered use of The Cynic, The Rat And The Fist music.

Screamers (1981)

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

I have the VHS, but still haven't yet watched it, nor have I seen the sequel. I do have the Mya disc of the Italian version, however. I remember enjoying it enough, but not really loving it....might have to bust it out again soon.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Awful cover, awful title for it :-\

Do you know what's different about this version?

What a terrible cover. I'd hate to have that abomination sitting on my shelf.

the blob

• Violent Professional

I'm guessing that's an old US poster with little to go with the actual film. I'll probably end up buying it though.  I'm sure I read that he hadn't been able to get hold of the 'inside out' footage but I could be wrong.

IMDB cracks me up though. Riots? Really? Thousands of people at Drive-Ins across the USA going mental because a scene wasn't in the film.

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

I'm guessing that's an old US poster with little to go with the actual film. I'll probably end up buying it though.  I'm sure I read that he hadn't been able to get hold of the 'inside out' footage but I could be wrong.

IMDB cracks me up though. Riots? Really? Thousands of people at Drive-Ins across the USA going mental because a scene wasn't in the film.

Yeah, my VHS has the same cover art. I don't hate it, but the original Italian locandina is leagues better, for sure!
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

the original Italian locandina is leagues better, for sure!
Without a doubt.

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action

It's going to be a double sided sleeve so I understand.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

It's going to be a double sided sleeve so I understand.
Hopefully the Bach swimming pic with the creatures around her.

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action

I believe it's going to be this

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I believe it's going to be this

That's shit aswell.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.