• 06 Feb 2023 - 12:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MYA Communications (USA)  (Read 109331 times)

loops

Re: MYA Communications (USA)
« Reply #270 on: 06 Oct 2010 - 14:17 »

Coming soon from MYA:

Big Alligator River (as Alligator!)
Desirable Teacher 2
The Fishmen and Their Queen
The Girl From Cortina
Red Hot Zorro

http://10kbullets.com/

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #271 on: 18 Oct 2010 - 23:22 »

More reviews, usual crap quality:

SEXY RADIO
FORBIDDEN DREAMS

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #272 on: 19 Oct 2010 - 00:00 »

FORBIDDEN DREAMS
I was quite looking forward to this one,not sure i'll bother now.
For anyone who's interested here's how the Happy Channel tv broadcast looks in comparison:

gnorthcott

« Reply #273 on: 11 Aug 2011 - 21:07 »

It seems MYA are not dead,apart from the forthcoming salon massage and 'snack bar budapest' they have also announced a 2disc special edition of klaus kinskis 'paganini' and another d'amato title 'china sex'
God knows when these will see the light of day or if anybody even cares for the company anymore  ;D

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #274 on: 11 Aug 2011 - 21:36 »

It seems MYA are not dead,apart from the forthcoming salon massage and 'snack bar budapest' they have also announced a 2disc special edition of klaus kinskis 'paganini' and another d'amato title 'china sex'
God knows when these will see the light of day or if anybody even cares for the company anymore  ;D

I'm guessing PAGANINI will be a port (possibly unauthorized) of the long OOP German set.  I've never seen the film.

gnorthcott

« Reply #275 on: 12 Aug 2011 - 12:25 »

I'm guessing PAGANINI will be a port (possibly unauthorized) of the long OOP German set.  I've never seen the film.

That was my instant thought, that they had ported over extras from someone elses release,i too have not seen the film but am curious

gnorthcott

« Reply #276 on: 17 Sep 2011 - 21:35 »

As jonny said mya will release 'cop in drag' next year,they have also announced a dvd of 'snow devils' which has just been released as a warner archive disc,does anybody else think that spells l-a-w  s-u-i-t ;D

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #277 on: 17 Sep 2011 - 22:04 »

As jonny said mya will release 'cop in drag' next year,they have also announced a dvd of 'snow devils' which has just been released as a warner archive disc,does anybody else think that spells l-a-w  s-u-i-t ;D
Sounds like proof that they don't hold the rights to a lot of stuff maybe  :-*

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Zarith

Re: Re: Re: MYA Communications (USA)
« Reply #278 on: 18 Sep 2011 - 11:25 »

As jonny said mya will release 'cop in drag' next year,they have also announced a dvd of 'snow devils' which has just been released as a warner archive disc,does anybody else think that spells l-a-w  s-u-i-t ;D

I don't thing anyone would bother taking legal actions. It would be a waste of time. Nobody cares about these obscure titles. Financially it's not even worth releasing them.

The owners of Mya can release wathever they want without risks, I think...

Talking of this, I think it would wiser now to release film collections rather than individual titles. I'm personnaly no longer interested in buying DVDs for "minor" movies, that I will most likely stop after 25 minutes. My curiosity has limits. Paying $20, waiting a week or two, just to enjoy a bit of euro trash is excessive.

For Mya it would be more lucrative. How many copies of "Love game", "Sexy Radio" or " Desirable Teacher 2" did they sell? Probably less than 200 each... While I'm sure they could sell at least 1000 copies of an "italian erotic" film collection.

I liked a lot the Mario Bava boxes released a few years ago, for example. I bought them without hesitation, while I doubt I would have purchased all the movies individually.

I would really be interested by a Mya "Italian Crime" collection of say 5 films on a single Blu Ray or a multiple DVDs box. Or Italian "Zombie", "Giallo" or "Post Apocalyptic" collections. That would be fun.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #279 on: 17 Oct 2011 - 00:52 »

REVENGE OF THE CRUSADER (Genoveffa di Brabante, José Luis Monter 1964)

Talk about obscure, only 13 votes on IMDb and from one of the least followed off genres, the Euro-Adventure, with no star names. Where do MYA see sales for these discs?

The film itself is not bad, but generally quite lacking, only a couple of good fight scenes liven things up. Far too ambitious for the low budget (the main character goes to the Crusades but literally never leaves his tent and the backgrounds in these shots are the same as the rest of the film) and with a lead actress who must have been a real diva, has no bump when pregnant and despite living ferally for several years, just has a few hairs amiss.

The print on the DVD is fine, but the subtitles have a lot of sloppy errors that suggest no native English speaker had checked them over. Full review of Genoveffa di Brabante (no idea where they got that release title from, I don't think the film was ever released in English markets at all).
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #280 on: 17 Oct 2011 - 08:41 »

Totally! Strange to release such obscure titles. Seems like MYA are dropping these and going for the crappy erotic titles more than anything else.
Dig that groove baby.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #281 on: 17 Oct 2011 - 12:40 »

Totally! Strange to release such obscure titles. Seems like MYA are dropping these and going for the crappy erotic titles more than anything else.

A pity when there are just so many adventure films from that era just waiting to be released - who could resist Robin Hood e i pirati or Zorro contro Maciste.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #282 on: 17 Oct 2011 - 18:43 »

Paying $20, waiting a week or two, just to enjoy a bit of euro trash is excessive.
Not really.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #283 on: 17 Oct 2011 - 19:08 »

Paying $20, waiting a week or two, just to enjoy a bit of euro trash is excessive.
Not really.

I agree, this isn't mass market stuff.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

gnorthcott

« Reply #284 on: 03 Jan 2012 - 19:53 »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.