• 10 Aug 2022 - 18:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (Ramiro Oliveros, 1974)  (Read 10083 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (Robert Oliver, 1974)
« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 07:05 »

The director's real name is Ramiro Oliveros.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 09:50 »

This looks like it was really directed by Oscar Brazzi according to some of the posts over at Gente di respetto,Brazzi was brother of the star Rossano Brazzi.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 17:54 »

http://www.cinefania.com/persona.php/Ramiro+Oliveros/

Stephen was just referring to the thread on the Gente di Rispetto forums where they were talking about the possibilty of Oliveros not actually being the Director..

Link here

He wasn't having a dig at you IC just pointing something out.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #19 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 17:56 »

Is there a function to translate this page? I've been there before but could only see italian posts.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #20 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 18:00 »

Is there a function to translate this page? I've been there before but could only see italian posts.

Yeah, it's Italian only but here's a Babelfish translation of the post in question..

"Ma si sa qualcosa di più sulla vera regia del film?
Nel libretto del dvd viene dato per certa la regia ad Oscar Brazzi, ma nessuna fonte attribuisce al regista questo titolo...
Nel Poppi si parla di Mario Mancini, che è anche il direttore della fotografia, per le "troppe somiglianze col suo FRANKENSTEIN 80" compresa la troupe tecnica. Comunque vengono riportati anche Oscar Brazzi e William Rose, dato che è tra gli sceneggiatori.
Marco Giusti aggiunge a questi anche Ramiro Olivarez (?) e Sergio Merolle (che è il direttore di produzione)"

Rough translation via Babelfish

"But is known more something on the true direction of the film? In the booklet of the dvd it comes given for sure the direction to Oscar Brazzi, but no source attributes to the director this title it... In the Poppi it is spoken about Mario Mancini, that he is also the director of the photography, for the "too many likenesses with its FRANKENSTEIN 80" comprised the troupe technical. However they come brought back also Oscar Brazzi and William Roses, since it is between the scripteriters. Mark Just adds to these also Ramiro Olivarez (?) and Sergio Merolle (that he is the production director)"

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #21 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 18:07 »

Cool! When someone has seen this new version, post something as to if there is any gore at all in this other version. There's dollops of nudity though but considering how bad the whole thing is, there's going to have to be more than horny actresses disrobing for me to double dip. IMO, this movie plays much better if you're seeing it with someone else who appreciates the "finer" qualities of a film like this. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone in my general vicinity who would even consider watching any European horror whether good or bad.

fdsmedia

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 21:08 »

Screens from Raro DVD

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 21:32 »

Looks like another nice Raro release,hopefully mine will arrive from Italy sometime this week.Thanks Magnus :P

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #24 on: 23 Oct 2007 - 14:02 »

Just watched the interview with Italian genre writer/journalist Antonio Bruschini where he says that producer Dick Randell has hinted at this being directed by Mexican actor Ramiro Oliveros(as Robert Oliver) who was working in Italy at the time and was also responsible for directing THE GIRL IN ROOM 2A(as William Rose),he also had a small role in the giallo THE PYJAMA GIRL CASE.Initially it was thought to be Oscar Brazzi as he was also making many films around this time but would have used his own name rather than a pyseudonym,then there was Mario Mancini who made the similar FRANKENSTEIN 80 with much of the same cast and crew as CASTLE OF FREAKS as well as being asst director on it but this was also proven to be wrong.Apparently it's all still shrouded in mystery but looks like Oliveros could be the one.
Btw Demofilo Fidani's daughter pops up in a rare nude scene.

Canisius

Re: Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (Ramiro Oliveros, 1974)
« Reply #25 on: 30 Nov 2008 - 21:18 »

Just saw this one the other day and it is quite enjoyable...unfortunately Gordon Mitchell has very little time on screen but his fight at the end against the monster is fun to watch. The true winner out of all the characters is Genz, the dwarf played by Michael Dunn who has a hard time as everybody is constantly hacking on him. But he will have his revenge and his teaming up with the Neanderthal/Caveman is just priceless...now that's what I call a "dynamic duo" ::)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
Re: Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (Ramiro Oliveros, 1974)
« Reply #26 on: 02 Dec 2008 - 14:00 »

Ramiro Oliveros did not direct GIRL IN ROOM 2A! It was made by William Rose, who is a real (American) person, not a pseudonym. I first read this in the Blood and Black Lace book but it's also been confirmed by Daniela Giordano in an interview. Rose was also one of the writers on FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE OF FREAKS.

Don't know who the real director of FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE OF FREAKS is but the name Robert Oliver is attached to several Dick Randall productions (also as an actor, apparently). I always thought he was an American who was brought in by Randall but it could of course by a pseudonym...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.