• 15 Aug 2022 - 03:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Night Of The Hunted / La nuit des traquees (Jean Rollin, 1980)  (Read 10500 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Released today in the UK on the Redemption label in a nice looking 16:9 enhanced version, French language with English subs.

I must confess to not having seen many of Rollin's films but being a fan of the delectable Brigitte Lahaie I think I will definitely be checking this one out soon.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Rollin's films are really hit and miss, they tend to be very good or very shit, nothing inbetween.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Hans

I love Rollin.  Night of the Hunted is a personal favorite.  I have the Encore SE of this one. 

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I've not seen any for Rollin's for years, is this the one where they are dressed as clowns?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Hans

I've not seen any for Rollin's for years, is this the one where they are dressed as clowns?

That one's Requiem for a Vampire. 

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

No, that Requiem pour un vampire / Requiem for a Vampire / Caged Virgins.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Released today in the UK on the Redemption label in a nice looking 16:9 enhanced version, French language with English subs.

I must confess to not having seen many of Rollin's films but being a fan of the delectable Brigitte Lahaie I think I will definitely be checking this one out soon.

This one's a goodie. Well worth a purchase in my view.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

I really enjoyed Night Of The Hunted. I'd agree Rollins is hit-and-miss, but there's usually something worth grabbing on to. I haven't seen all his films but Grapes Of Death and Fascination are well worth catching.

vigilanteforce

Greek VHS cover!

This is a bizarre film isn't it? I remember liking it despite the slow pacing! I must get the SE DVD on Encore. Does anybody know of some place that still carries it? Its out of stock at xploited.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

This is a bizarre film isn't it? I remember liking it despite the slow pacing! I must get the SE DVD.

When you say SE DVD do you mean the 2 disc one from Holland?

vigilanteforce

I think that's the one, yes. Label is "Encore".

Andrew Monroe

This is one of my favorite Rollins. The ending is absolutely haunting, it lingers in the memory for days.

Gary B.

This one's definitely my favorite Rollin film, hands down.  I love the weird vibe, and the 'hospital' that is actually a modern, strange looking apartment building.  The whole film gives off a very eerie vibe, and stays pretty downbeat and insane right until the very end.

The Encore release has some very visible compression in the darker scenes, and I would love to see a better version of this.  Let us know how it looks, Jonny.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

This one's definitely my favorite Rollin film, hands down.  I love the weird vibe, and the 'hospital' that is actually a modern, strange looking apartment building.  The whole film gives off a very eerie vibe, and stays pretty downbeat and insane right until the very end.

I've got the 2000 Redemption R1 NTSC disc.  It's been awhile since I watched this, but it reminded me of - if my imprecise memory serves me correctly - Cronenberg, Lynch, even JG Ballard.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

It's been awhile since I watched this, but it reminded me of - if my imprecise memory serves me correctly - Cronenberg, Lynch, even JG Ballard.  :-X

I think that just about nails it.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.