• 08 Aug 2022 - 07:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tombs of the Blind Dead / La noche del terror ciego (Amando de Ossorio, 1971)  (Read 17362 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

I had the AB VHS releases which claimed on the second release that the film was in Spanish with English subs but it was the severely truncated english dub(?) Ditto for their MARK OF THE DEVIL VHS. Not cut but the box said spanish with eng. subs. I have an extra double disc AB put out I was going to throw away along with a couple of other movies like TORTURE GARDEN.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I had all these on video before dvd 

The BU coffin set is one of my faves. I'd say the first film is the best too.

I only ever had the first 2 before i got the coffin boxset and had never seen the others till then, but i'm still not sure what one i like best out the first 2.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Fray G

My vid of Night of the Seagulls was German language with Dutch subs or vice versa, I'd never watched an English version 'til the set came out.

IL COMMISSARIO

I used to have GHOST GALLEON on the Vidamerica label under the title HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES. The final scene was missing the sound.

Also had the fourth film from Sony in a cut version entitled NIGHT OF THE DEATH CULT. Before the movie began, there was a disclaimer that the title had been changed for the video release but the film onscreen sported the original title. Guess not many people would rent a movie entitled NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS.

And had the Paragon 77 minute version of TOMBS in a great and grand oversized box.

Fray G

I used to have GHOST GALLEON on the Vidamerica label under the title HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES. The final scene was missing the sound.

This is what I had, or a dodgy copy of anyway. Horror of the Zombies is a great title.

By the way, you don't hear much about fashion companies stranding nubile young girls in dingys in Atlantic shipping lanes on the news these days. A much underappreciated and neglected marketing technique.  ???

IL COMMISSARIO

They couldn't find them remember? The fog they strolled into was mentioned as some sort of time warp outside the rest of the world.

IL COMMISSARIO

I remember reading one of Ossorio's last interviews in Fangoria where he stated he was prepping another BLIND DEAD movie which had the TEMPLARS underwater as he wanted to revisit the theme from GHOST GALLEON a film he was not satisfied with.

Fray G

They couldn't find them remember? The fog they strolled into was mentioned as some sort of time warp outside the rest of the world.

That'll be how it did'nt catch on then  :-\

Fray G

I remember reading one of Ossorio's last interviews in Fangoria where he stated he was prepping another BLIND DEAD movie which had the TEMPLARS underwater as he wanted to revisit the theme from GHOST GALLEON a film he was not satisfied with.

Now that would have been something to see.  ::)

IL COMMISSARIO

Fray G did you ever see Rollins ZOMBIE LAKE with the Nazi zombies underwater? They even breathed bubbles!  :-\

Fray G

Yeah, a long, long time ago. My mate had it on video. I'd forgotten all about it  :-\

IL COMMISSARIO

Yeah, a long, long time ago. My mate had it on video. I'd forgotten all about it  :-\

Don't try to remember it!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Fray G did you ever see Rollins ZOMBIE LAKE with the Nazi zombies underwater? They even breathed bubbles!  :-\
I can't remember if it's this or a Jess Franco film in which there are zombies in a lake and when you get the underwater shots you can blatantly see it's in a normal swimming pool!

I think it was on a U.S image release dvd.

IL COMMISSARIO

It's probably the same movie. It was rumored Franco directed ZOMBIE LAKE but it was found to have been done by Jean Rollin instead. Unless there's another underwater nazi zombie movie. With Franco's manic filmmaking pace I wouldn't doubt it.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I don't know if it's English friendly or not.

German release.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.