• 08 Aug 2022 - 08:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tombs of the Blind Dead / La noche del terror ciego (Amando de Ossorio, 1971)  (Read 17363 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I used to have GHOST GALLEON on the Vidamerica label under the title HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES. The final scene was missing the sound.

Also had the fourth film from Sony in a cut version entitled NIGHT OF THE DEATH CULT. Before the movie began, there was a disclaimer that the title had been changed for the video release but the film onscreen sported the original title. Guess not many people would rent a movie entitled NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS.

And had the Paragon 77 minute version of TOMBS in a great and grand oversized box.

The Vidamerica version of HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES is also missing gore (the earlier Super Video clamshell was complete).

The Paragon version ran 86 minutes.  The U.S. theatrical version with the title card that simply read "THE BLIND DEAD" was 77 mins.  The Paragon version was missing gore (most of the train massacre) but featured other gore missing from the US version (as seen on the Blue Underground disc).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I don't know if it's English friendly or not.

German release.

Be interesting to see how the A/V quality is on this release. Do you think it's legit? I've seen some dodgy German bootlegs on Blu-ray in the past.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Unfortunately, they've put all the films on just one disc and they're apparently cut.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Unfortunately, they've put all the films on just one disc and they're apparently cut.
What!!!!!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

What!!!!!

I said "Unfortunately, they've put all the films on just one disc and they're apparently cut."
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

What!!!!!

I said "Unfortunately, they've put all the films on just one disc and they're apparently cut."

I didn't quite catch that.  You'll have to write louder!

IL COMMISSARIO

The Vidamerica version of HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES is also missing gore (the earlier Super Video clamshell was complete).

The Paragon version ran 86 minutes.  The U.S. theatrical version with the title card that simply read "THE BLIND DEAD" was 77 mins.  The Paragon version was missing gore (most of the train massacre) but featured other gore missing from the US version (as seen on the Blue Underground disc).

The Paragon tape I had was 77 minutes. I don't know if there was another release that was 86, but the one I had was 77 minutes. It was in a big oversized glossy cardboard box. The version that played on Elvira contained bits, or all the train massacre sequence missing on that tape. I only remember the shot of the blood pouring on the crying little girl playing on the Elvira airing.

I had the Super VHS of HORROR, too. Bought it used from this vid store in town along with a ton of others including that Super of NIGHT OF THE HOWLING BEAST which I wish I still had.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action

Tombs of the Blind Dead on this blu-ray goes 76min 58sec - 23sec (Atlas International logo) = 76min 35 sec.
Duration of Return of the Blind Dead is 80min 09sec - 23sec = 79min 46sec.
I haven't data for other two movies.
Neither of these films are English friendly.

romantico

I really , really love this film like i love countless others . Kali hansa does a great job and also jack taylor .

the blob

• Violent Professional

I sold the coffin box a few years ago when I needed some cash but recently bought it again at a nice cheap price and really glad I did. I forgot how good it is! The rape scene is still a bit of a WTF moment but to me it's just an exploitative extension of throwing in a couple of virtually useless characters who eventually serve no other purpose than to provide more fodder for the knights. Great soundtrack and some genuinely creepy moments still make it a stand-out horror gem. Now I have to find the time to get through the rest. I also have Night Of The Sorcerers sitting here which I've never watched.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I sold the coffin box a few years ago when I needed some cash but recently bought it again at a nice cheap price and really glad I did. I forgot how good it is! The rape scene is still a bit of a WTF moment but to me it's just an exploitative extension of throwing in a couple of virtually useless characters who eventually serve no other purpose than to provide more fodder for the knights. Great soundtrack and some genuinely creepy moments still make it a stand-out horror gem. Now I have to find the time to get through the rest. I also have Night Of The Sorcerers sitting here which I've never watched.

Ossorio's RETURN OF THE BLIND DEAD, NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS, and HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES also include rape and attempted rape scenes (TOMBS' Joseph Thelman is at it again in SORCERERS).

the blob

• Violent Professional

Ossorio's RETURN OF THE BLIND DEAD, NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS, and HORROR OF THE ZOMBIES also include rape and attempted rape scenes (TOMBS' Joseph Thelman is at it again in SORCERERS).

At least there is some rhyme and reason behind the attempted rape in RETURN. There's not much of that in HOOROR OF THE ZOMBIES at all so he probably thought, 'why not? none of the rest makes much sense..'. As for Joseph Thelman, no rape in RETURN but he certainly still doesn't like no for an answer!

Maybe LORELEY'S GRASP was Ossorio's attempt to purge himself by depicting the revenge of the woman.  ;D

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Maybe LORELEY'S GRASP was Ossorio's attempt to purge himself by depicting the revenge of the woman.  ;D

... by ripping out Joseph Thelman's heart (and hew as a good guy here).

WayneSmith

• Special Cop In Action

Can anyone tell me what a normal price is for that Blind Dead collection coffin box? It's about 28 pounds through amazon UK, and I hate to think it was much cheaper when it came out.  ;D

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Can anyone tell me what a normal price is for that Blind Dead collection coffin box? It's about 28 pounds through amazon UK, and I hate to think it was much cheaper when it came out.  ;D
It was about £60-£70 when it first came out.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.