• 18 May 2021 - 17:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Parole Officer (John Duigan, 2001)  (Read 3500 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
The Parole Officer (John Duigan, 2001)
« on: 26 Mar 2009 - 18:53 »

Really enjoyed this when I first saw it at the cinema and decided to dig out the DVD the other day and give it another watch. It's still laugh out loud funny, Coogan is great as always. A couple of standout, eye wateringly funny, scenes one of which has Coogan trying eat a packet of crisps as quietly as possible when hiding in a room full of bad guys and the other features a load of school kids on the 'Big One' rollercoaster with Coogan sat at the front feeling a bit queasy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnb9pTVU5n4

Also lovely to see a brief, but heart fluttering, glimpse of Lena Headey's boobs.  ::)

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: The Parole Officer (John Duigan, 2001)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2009 - 19:04 »

"You'll have an arsehole like a clown's pocket"

I thought this one was really funny too, watched it again recently.  Have you seen HAMLET 2 yet Jonny?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2009 - 19:15 »

Have you seen HAMLET 2 yet Jonny?

No, I'd totally forgotten about that one. Is it recommended Oli?

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2009 - 20:06 »

I really liked this when I saw it back at the time of release. Haven't seen it since.

HAMLET 2 has been proper shafted over here. Was supposed to come out in cinemas pre-Christmas (October, if I remember rightly) before being bumped back to February and bumped again, this time to March. Is it any good, Oli?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2009 - 14:08 »

It is well worth a watch, I really enjoyed it.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2009 - 14:12 »

thanks mate, I'll try and get to see it once it's out :)
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2009 - 11:19 »

Finally caught up with Hamlet 2, Oli – brought an original Canadian copy from a bootfair in Norfolk, of all place, for £2. anyway, thought it was great. Really funny. It's such a shame that Coogan just can't seem to break into the mainstream in the US. The film deserved to have done a lot better than it did. I think it's going straight to video here in the UK now.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2009 - 13:43 »

Glad you enjoyed it Paul, I have seen it a couple of times now and have not changed my opinion.  You still humming 'Rock Me Sexy Jesus'?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2009 - 13:53 »

The film deserved to have done a lot better than it did. I think it's going straight to video here in the UK now.

Coogan was on the wireless the other day and mentioned about HAMLET 2 going straight to video over here later this year. Seemed a bit dis-heartened by it as he thought the film and his character was good, he did confirm that there's an ALAN PARTRIDGE film in the works so that's cracking news as far as I'm concerned.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2009 - 13:57 »

The film deserved to have done a lot better than it did. I think it's going straight to video here in the UK now.

Coogan was on the wireless the other day and mentioned about HAMLET 2 going straight to video over here later this year. Seemed a bit dis-heartened by it as he thought the film and his character was good, he did confirm that there's an ALAN PARTRIDGE film in the works so that's cracking news as far as I'm concerned.

It must be really disheartening for him, he's so talented and when compared to US comedy actors consistently headling films that make money, it really makes no sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.