• 08 Aug 2022 - 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Patrick with the goblin score  (Read 8625 times)

giallos fookin flame

Patrick with the goblin score
« on: 10 Apr 2009 - 11:44 »

anyone know if the film patrick is available anywhere with the goblin score on it instead of the brian may one ?

Bogan The Wanderer

Re: Patrick with the goblin score
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2009 - 20:53 »

I was friendly with director Richard Franklin for a bit before he passed away.  I should have really asked him about that Goblin score.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2009 - 20:58 »

The Danish Another World release is the one you want.  :D
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2009 - 04:51 »

Does the AWE disc actually have the Italian soundtrack for the feature or is the music an extra?  The specs say English Dolby Digital Stereo (it's probably 2.0 mono) and after the extras it says "PLUS unikt soundtrack af gruppen Goblin komponeret til den italienske version af filmen"

I think there's an Italian disc of PATRICK which probably has the Goblin soundtrack unless it was redubbed: http://kultvideo.com/scheda.asp?item=9900&type=DVD.  Was the Goblin scored version ever dubbed (the way we have an English dub of the ZOMBIE version of DAWN OF THE DEAD?)

Can I piggyback on your thread and ask anyone out there about the Goblin scored version of MARTIN titled WAMPYR?

Peter Neal

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2009 - 17:29 »

Haven't found any info on Scandinavian pages so far, which is a shame, as I already got this with the May score and would very much like to upgrade....given that the AWE disc does feature the Goblin score in the movie. ::)

kosvines

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2009 - 09:03 »

The Scandinavian version does not contain the Goblin score in the actual movie. It's the regular Director's Cut with the Brian May score. The Goblin music is included as a bonus-CD (It's the complete soundtrack though, but audio only).

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2009 - 11:31 »

What about the Italian disc?  Is it the original Italian version or a new dub?

giallos fookin flame

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2009 - 14:55 »

i cant believe its so hard to get this  :-[
has any one even saw or heard of anyone who has seen the goblin version ?

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2009 - 15:11 »

i cant believe its so hard to get this  :-[
has any one even saw or heard of anyone who has seen the goblin version ?

Outside of Italy perhaps, I'm thinking more people have heard the Goblin soundtrack to this (and the WAMPYR cut of MARTIN) than have seen the Italian version (the soundtrack made the rounds as an import and as a Japanese album long before Cinevox's easy to acquire expanded edition).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2009 - 18:36 »

Outside of Italy perhaps, I'm thinking more people have heard the Goblin soundtrack to this (and the WAMPYR cut of MARTIN) than have seen the Italian version (the soundtrack made the rounds as an import and as a Japanese album long before Cinevox's easy to acquire expanded edition).

But is there a version of the film that has the Goblin soundtrack? I'm getting all confused.

Bottom line...

Is there a version of Patrick on any format that allows us to watch the film with the Goblin score? No one has given a proper answer yet, does the Italian DVD have this option? No one has said for certain that it has yet.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2009 - 18:56 »

According to DVDCompare, the Italian disc is the shorter 100 minute version (97 minutes with PAL speedup - don't know if it's pitch-corrected or not) and contains the Goblin score.

When Synapse was planning to reissue PATRICK (Elite's release was non-anamorphic), I asked if either the Italian track or the US English dub would be included as extra tracks but Don May told me that 1) they only licensed the Australian version and 2) both the US and Italian versions were missing a lot of footage (about 12 minutes in the Italian version if the 100 minute run time for that version is correct and even more for the US version which I think was cut further).

Gary B.

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2009 - 06:07 »

I really liked this movie as it stands, but with the Goblin score I think the film could reach a whole new level of greatness.

K August

« Reply #12 on: 16 Apr 2009 - 00:07 »

Can I piggyback on your thread and ask anyone out there about the Goblin scored version of MARTIN titled WAMPYR?

From what I remember most of the ROLLER album by Goblin was synced into a horribly CUT print of WAMPYR. It was at least 10 minutes shorter than the U.S. release and sorry my memory is shot, but the only "new" Goblin track I can recall was the "Wampyr Finale" which appears a very Goblin comp, which I have at work.

I hate to say it, but the Goblin tracks did NOT fit MARTIN at all, but I found the dramatically shorter cut even more unpleasant.

Unfortunately, I got rid of this Italian dvd years ago, I think right after the Italians got hold of the 2004 rerelease here in the States.

Hopefully someone else can clarify what else you'd like to know ecc.

giallos fookin flame

« Reply #13 on: 18 Apr 2009 - 13:58 »

i just found out this info

It was released in Italy some time ago. It isn't perfect though, as it seems to use the video from an English print and not the original Italian print. So this means the original Italian credits with Goblin's credit do not appear. I suspect it also means that the film is re-edited a little from its Italian incarnation, but it is as close as we'll ever get to the ever-so-rare Italian version.

giallos fookin flame

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2009 - 11:52 »

ok , managed to track down a copy , italian language with no subs BUT with the goblin score on it ,
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.