• 02 Dec 2022 - 21:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Wild Side Video (France)  (Read 21352 times)

Zarith

Wild Side Video (France)
« on: 17 Apr 2009 - 11:18 »

http://www.wildside.fr/

One of my favorite label in the planet. They always make fantastic collector editions.

Les Frissons de L'Angoisse (Profondo Rosso), Dario Argento, 1975 - Deluxe Edition
This edition includes the uncut re-mastered version, a 2 hours documentary and an 80 pages book. Audio: English, Italian (French sub), French.
http://www.wildside.fr/video/fiche.php?id=129&version=2

Suspiria (Suspiria), Dario Argento, 1976 - Collector Edition
The packaging alone is worth the purchase. This a 2 DVD + OST CD affair. The bonus DVD has interviews of Dario Argento, Claudio Simonetti, Luciano Tovoli, Claudio Argento, Daria Nicodoli, ... and also of a few French fans of the film: Pascal Laugier, Christophe Gans, Gaspar Noe, Jean Baptiste Thoret (author of the excellent book "Dario Argento, Magicien de la Peur"). Unfortunately Wild Side decided to use the over-saturated re-mastered version made in 2007. The contrast is too strong, and the red channel was boosted to insane values. The whole ending is totally red! It's a shame. Audio: Italian (French Sub), French. Strangely English is missing, while this is the original language of the movie.
http://www.wildside.fr/video/fiche.php?id=352

Raf A.

Re: Wild Side Video (France)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2009 - 17:20 »

I have this, great dvd indeed. ::) Like it a lot. Though the ending is the same as Anchor bay dvd. I think I'll buy AWE's 2 dvd edition.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2009 - 19:03 »

I have the French Profondo Rosso disk, really nice package. I do a slight comparison with the AWE release at SexGoreMutants:

http://sexgoremutants.co.uk/profrossoawe.html
Dig that groove baby.

Philleh

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2009 - 11:02 »

Hot damn! They have some sexy looking DVDs - will have to pick up a few of these beauties shortly! Yum-yum.

I can't seem to see a price tag on the website though - How much they selling for roughly?

Zarith

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2009 - 13:10 »

Hot damn! They have some sexy looking DVDs - will have to pick up a few of these beauties shortly! Yum-yum.

I can't seem to see a price tag on the website though - How much they selling for roughly?

Les Frissons de L'Angoisse (Profondo Rosso) is available for €24 on Wild Side's shop:

http://www.plusdedvd.com/fr/produit_2_LMDVD_17131_acheter_Double_DVD_Les_Frissons_de_l'angoisse_en_stock.php

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2009 - 11:43 »

Sergio Corbucci's 'Il mercenario' is out.
http://video.fnac.com/a2709808/El-Mercenario-Jack-Palance-DVD-Zone-2?Mn=-1&Ra=-3&To=0&Nu=1&Fr=0
Here is the review of disc.
The very important things are it has English audio and very nice picture.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2009 - 12:30 »

I see Wildside has also released SONNY AND JED in France too – though according to the Fnac site, it's in French with no other language options.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2009 - 12:42 »

I see Wildside has also released SONNY AND JED in France too
Thanks for the heads-up Paul,didn't know anything about this release until today.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2010 - 10:26 »

October 2010

- Inferno of Dario Argento
- The Bird with the Crystal Plumage of Dario Argento
- The cat with 9 tails Dario Argento
- Phenomena of Dario Argento
- Darkness of Dario Argento

The publisher announced that the films have been remastered in HD from the original negatives and that the transfers were supervised by the director and the cinematographers involved. Hopefully, these remasters are not as "violent" than Suspiria, which had many shared at the time of its release.

A very nice program for fans of Argento (although nit-picking, we regret that Four Flies on Grey Velvet is not programmed).
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2010 - 12:38 »

Ooh! does that mean a INFERNO opn Blu-ray could be with us a lot sooner than we thought?

... and by DARKNESS, I guess they're referring to TENEBRAE. Would be great to see that in HD too.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2010 - 12:49 »

Blame google's translation for some of the gaffes in that post.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2010 - 17:06 »

Ooh! does that mean a INFERNO opn Blu-ray could be with us a lot sooner than we thought?

I'm getting tumescent just thinking about it. I prefer it to SUSPIRIA.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Zarith

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2010 - 14:04 »

Unlikely. These are DVD releases. I doubt there will be Blu-ray versions. Wildside never released any Italian classics in this format. According to its owner "Wild Side doesn't plan in a near future to release films in Blu-ray.(...) The company is now focusing on VOD with filmotv.fr".

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #13 on: 17 Aug 2010 - 11:11 »

Unlikely. These are DVD releases. I doubt there will be Blu-ray versions. Wildside never released any Italian classics in this format. According to its owner "Wild Side doesn't plan in a near future to release films in Blu-ray.(...) The company is now focusing on VOD with filmotv.fr".

I am afraid that you are wrong, Sir  :) .

All blu-ray discs will have English audio. More info  HERE

loops

« Reply #14 on: 17 Aug 2010 - 14:04 »

Those covers are awful!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.