• 08 Aug 2022 - 04:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Obscura (Germany)  (Read 110323 times)

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Camera Obscura (Germany)
« Reply #165 on: 29 Apr 2016 - 14:41 »

Wow 88 films will be releasing Camera Short Nights of the glass dolls, disapointed they're giving their works to other companies AGAIN! That was great to have unreleased elsewhere stuff.  :)

Maybe it will help to product more but now every country is releasing the same stuff, you've got the German version, French version, English version etc

Not CO related but Perfume of the lady in black is coming to uk too.. Raro, Xrated, 88 who's next ?

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #166 on: 29 Apr 2016 - 14:55 »

Maybe it will help to product more but now every country is releasing the same stuff, you've got the German version, French version, English version etc

thats been the same for a long long time. for many it seems to be what they expect, so they can upgrade. personally, i like the chance to see films i've not seen before - i've bought a handful of particularly good films on BD that had comparatively poor DVD releases many many years ago. CO releases are a little more off the beaten track, and given the limited releases they give them i can see some of them making their way to labels more inclined to put out familiar things, but perhaps this will also help CO with their more unusual stuff and some might even pick up the 88 discussion and find CO through that.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #167 on: 29 Apr 2016 - 16:02 »

Wow 88 films will be releasing Camera Short Nights of the glass dolls, disapointed they're giving their works to other companies AGAIN!

Well, if a licensor who owns worldwide rights wants to license it to another territory - he's free to do so. What can we do about that?

Re SHORT NIGHT: we're actually not "giving away" anything. 88 neither have access to our master nor our extras.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #168 on: 29 Apr 2016 - 21:33 »

Wow 88 films will be releasing Camera Short Nights of the glass dolls, disapointed they're giving their works to other companies AGAIN! That was great to have unreleased elsewhere stuff.  :)

Doesn't mean anythings been given away if it comes out elsewhere (like they have said), those who actually want the film would have probably bought the quality CO release anyway, I should imagine mainly only those who don't stray out of their realm of 88 and Arrow and ignore things released elsewhere will probably buy it anyway.

Not CO related but Perfume of the lady in black is coming to uk too.. Raro, Xrated, 88 who's next ?

Does it really matter? Or do you want a film to be released in one territory and that's it?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #169 on: 30 Apr 2016 - 16:31 »

88 are a quick buck / cash in outfit. im starting to loathe them. I must buy 1 in 10 of their releases anyway.

and whats stopping them ripping the Camera Obscura print from their BD and printing up their own discs? i wouldn't put this past them. I thought this film was a problematic restoration for C.O. due to mouldy negative are 88 really going to do this work again?

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #170 on: 30 Apr 2016 - 16:39 »

Just goes to show how money grabbing a lot of these labels are. I would have thought it be poor taste to shaft your rivals like that. It can only reduce sales for the individual labels.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #171 on: 02 May 2016 - 14:06 »

I agree that seeing the same film released 1000x can be off-putting and even annoying. GIVE US SOMETHING FRESH AND NEW!!!  :-* :-* :-*

However, and not taking sides here, I don't see anything wrong with 88 releasing a film to the UK market. CO are not the UK market. I guess many folk don't feel comfortable looking further afield from their own shores.

But as Aaron said, I have 90% of CO disks and LOVE every single one of them. So will not be picking this up from 88. I have however picked up a couple of their disks since they are nowhere available on Blu worldwide.
Dig that groove baby.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #172 on: 03 May 2016 - 09:00 »

88 are a quick buck / cash in outfit. im starting to loathe them. I must buy 1 in 10 of their releases anyway.

and whats stopping them ripping the Camera Obscura print from their BD and printing up their own discs? i wouldn't put this past them. I thought this film was a problematic restoration for C.O. due to mouldy negative are 88 really going to do this work again?

Because it's a criminal offence?  :-* and 88 aren't a rival company to CO at all.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #173 on: 03 May 2016 - 11:37 »

Because it's a criminal offence?  :-* and 88 aren't a rival company to CO at all.

technically it may be criminal but who could prove it? and C.O.s overseas English speaking buyers and 88's buyers are in the same market. but im sure because of price imbalance it would just mean CO sell less. COs DVD of Forbidden Photos hanged around a long time, presumably because of BU's DVD being widely and cheaply available.

would you be okay if CO stopped putting English option on their releases because of 88?

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #174 on: 03 May 2016 - 12:01 »

C.O.s overseas English speaking buyers and 88's buyers are in the same market.
Well yes, in the sense we have access to the internet these days and can order anywhere. But they are not the same territory. So no problem with them releasing a Blu in the UK even if it was already released in Taiwan right? All about licensing etc. Where is the harm in that? But yeah if CO have already released a title and if I was a Blu Ray publisher in the UK, I wouldn't even bother looking at it, what is the point!!! lol

would you be okay if CO stopped putting English option on their releases because of 88?
CO are by far the No Shame of today, so the answer is obvious.  ;D ;D

Dig that groove baby.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #175 on: 03 May 2016 - 13:40 »

technically it may be criminal but who could prove it? and C.O.s overseas English speaking buyers and 88's buyers are in the same market. but im sure because of price imbalance it would just mean CO sell less. COs DVD of Forbidden Photos hanged around a long time, presumably because of BU's DVD being widely and cheaply available.

If saved me £25 then yes, yes I would. CO are as boutique as labels come. But that label comes with a price. I haven't got the energy to really care about these kind of things anymore. If a film I love comes out via CO first then great, I'll stump up for it. If I am yet to buy the CO release and 88 announce it then there is only one winner.

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #176 on: 03 May 2016 - 18:50 »

CO are by far the No Shame of today, so the answer is obvious.  ;D ;D

Let's just hope they last for a longer time, I'm sure they will what with their stellar work they put into their releases.
Its Santoni disco time!

Strigoyu

• Almost Human
« Reply #177 on: 07 May 2016 - 14:40 »

New upcoming Giallo: "Una farfalla con le ali insanguinate", in collaboration with Arrow.

"announcement -- due to timing-reasons without a quiz: In collaboration with Arrow Video, we will release Duccio Tessari's masterful giallo UNA FARFALLA CON LE ALI INSANGUINATE (THE BLOODSTAINED BUTTERFLY) from 1971 on Blu-ray and DVD. The extras will be plentiful, amongst others a documentary by Freak-O-Rama video productions and us on Tessari's oeuvre featuring many interviews. And please share this announcement if you can! Thank you!"

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #178 on: 08 May 2016 - 15:40 »

Didn't know this was a collaboration with Arrow, how will it affect Camera Obscuras sales as Arrows stuff is significantly more friendly on the wallet. I can see quite a few folks skipping the CO release and going for Arrow...

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #179 on: 08 May 2016 - 15:43 »

I wonder whether Amuck will be a joint effort with 88, then
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.