Euro Cult Movie Forum > European Arthouse Cinema

A Quiet Place In The Country (Elio Petri, 1969)

(1/21) > >>

Paul:
There have been some other weird and wonderful Euro Cult films that defy categorisation on these boards – Maybe Jonny can start an art house section…

Of the Italian films I have seen, the work of Elio Petri has been different to anything else of the time in which it was made. For example, take A QUIET PLACE IN THE COUNTRY. This is a riveting character study of a man succumbing to madness. Franco Nero gives a towering performance and ably supported by his then partner, Vanessa Redgrave. Everything about this film oozes class.

MarcMorris:
It's hard to believe that this even got a UK cinema release. Actually, no it isn't when you consider what else got UK cinema releases back in the day.  :D

Paul:

--- Quote from: MarcMorris on 08 Jul 2007 - 13:46 ---It's hard to believe that this even got a UK cinema release. Actually, no it isn't when you consider what else got UK cinema releases back in the day.  :D

--- End quote ---

It never had a UK video release though, did it?

MarcMorris:
No UK video release, but it did get a nice video release exclusively by amazon.com who did a deal with MGM. I picked it up when it first came out.

Paul:

--- Quote from: MarcMorris on 08 Jul 2007 - 17:51 ---No UK video release, but it did get a nice video release exclusively by amazon.com who did a deal with MGM. I picked it up when it first came out.

--- End quote ---

I noticed that on Amazon a while a go - you'll have to show me that tape the next time I see you, mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version