• 08 Feb 2023 - 22:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Umbrella (Australia)  (Read 4327 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Umbrella (Australia)
« on: 02 Jul 2009 - 12:01 »

LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE
Rating: R18+
Price: $14.99

One of the earliest European films paying homage to George Romero's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, this is also one of the best zombie films ever made. An Spanish-Italian co-production, it was shot in England by a Spanish director with a largely British cast, and supplemented American character actor Arthur Kennedy as a bitter Irish police detective (with only a hint of a brogue). He’s investigating a sudden rash of violent murders (the work of Satanists, he's convinced) and closes in on a pair of newcomers to the sleepy Northern England town, longhaired antique dealer Ray Lovelock and his nervous travelling companion Christine Galbó. Only they know the real culprits: newly deceased corpses, revived by agricultural experiments in ultrasonic radiation that are also turning newborns into vicious little monsters.

CAULDRON OF DEATH a.k.a. RICCO
Rating: M

Acid bath baptisms...rifle-butt dentistry...switchblade circumcision... .45 calibre brain surgery... A 1973 Spanish-Italian production, this cult gore-gangster film is finally available to a new generation of fans of extreme cinema. Released from prison after a 2-year stretch, Ricco Aversi (Christopher Mitchum - son of Hollywood strong-man, Robert Mitchum) goes gunning for merciless drug smuggler Don Vito (Arthur Kennedy), who not only had his father brutally murdered, but also stole his drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend (Malissa Longo - Black Emanuelle, White Emanuelle). Teaming up with a beautiful con-artist (Barbara Bouchet - The French Sex Murders), Ricco's blood soaked path to vengeance knows no bounds! Containing scenes of grisly ultra-violence – including an infamous castration scene! – Cauldron of Death is presented complete and uncut, and in all its gory glory.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Umbrella (Australia)
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2009 - 12:33 »

Seeing that CAULDRON OF DEATH is rated M, I reckon it's not going to be the full version...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2009 - 12:49 »

Seeing that CAULDRON OF DEATH is rated M, I reckon it's not going to be the full version...

The press release says it's fully uncut though?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2009 - 13:27 »

Bellissima
Rating: M
Price: $29.99

Italian master Luchino Visconti (The Leopard; Rocco and His Brothers) directs this searing critique of celebrity film culture in post-war Italy. Maddalena (Anna Magnani - Open City, The Rose Tattoo, Mamma Roma) is an impoverished, screenstruck mother convinced of her daughter Maria's (Tina Apicella) star potential when auditions are called for a child actor role at Cincetta studios. Dreaming of a better life as she struggles in working-class Rome, Maddalena invests everything, including her last penny, into the dream that her daughter will be discovered. But overhearing the film crew's candid assessment of her daughter's audition (in what Variety described as "one of the cruellest scenes ever filmed"), Maddalena is forced finally to confront a world of illusions.

The Antichrist
Rating: R18+

Deliver Her From Evil. In Rome, a beautiful young woman (Carla Gravina) is left paralyzed by the trauma of a horrific childhood accident. But when placed under hypnosis, she is seized by visions of her past life as a heretic and becomes a foul-mouthed seductress with a taste for perversion that lead to her defilement by Satan himself. Now, mankind's only hope for salvation is a harrowing exorcism that will either cast out the devil forever or open the door for the unspeakable birth of The AntiChrist! In the puke-spewing realm of Exorcist rip-offs, this outstanding 1974 Italian shocker - released with substantial cuts in the US - is now presented completely uncut and uncensored, including full restoration of the notorious goat orgy scene!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2009 - 14:41 »

The press release says it's fully uncut though?

Very strange, that...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jul 2009 - 15:27 »

I'm sure it's exactly the same version.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2009 - 06:05 »

I'm sure it's exactly the same version.

Yeah I got it, it's uncut. Not sure why it's not rated R, unsuspecting viewers will get a shock.

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2009 - 01:26 »

There might (not sure) have been a censored, M-rated theatrical edition in the 70's.  Umbrella may have applied to reuse the rating, been given approval by the censors, and then knowingly mastered the uncut version regardless.  This has happened at least a couple of times before down here, along with movies receiving cuts upon submission but being released uncut on video anyway.  The funniest offenders were the previous Chinese owners of the Capitol cinema in Melbourne, who used to screen uncut 35mm prints of the nastiest Category III HK exploitation films imaginable, then submit them to the OFLC censorship board once the movie had already finished its three or four week run.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.