Euro Cult Movie Forum > Gialli

Murder Mansion / La mansión de la niebla (Francisco Lara Polop, 1972)

(1/2) > >>

Jonny:
aka Quando Marta urlò dalla tomba

I noticed the Spanish language fansub doing the rounds runs for 81m 51s (PAL) and the VHS released by Charter in the USA runs for 83m 50s (NTSC), which seems to indicate that the Spanish language print is a bit longer. Does anyone know of any differences between the two versions?

ecc:
The timing difference is mainly the opening titles.  I've seen three English versions.  The Unicorn and Charter tapes are missing most of the technical credits.  The jump is not that noticeable because of Marcello Giombini's bombastic score.  Both tapes are derived from the Avco Embassy TV prints (the Charter tape is in Hi-Fi but the Unicorn tape has the better cover).  The Something Weird Video release had the complete title sequence (and Giombini's theme music actually has some structure in its complete form).

I think the fandub comes from Unicorn's Spanish tape release which was supposed to be better quality and was unsqueezed to 1.85:1 or though by the ripper.  The film was shot in Techniscope (2.35:1) probably on the same equipment used to shoot KNIFE OF ICE.

Kevin Coed:

--- Quote from: ecc on 15 Sep 2009 - 11:36 ---

I think the fandub comes from Unicorn's Spanish tape release which was supposed to be better quality and was unsqueezed to 1.85:1 or though by the ripper. 

--- End quote ---

Apparently it comes from a satellite TV transmission, although there are no onscreen idents to say where from.

Jonny:

--- Quote from: Kevin Coed on 15 Sep 2009 - 11:51 ---

I think the fandub comes from Unicorn's Spanish tape release which was supposed to be better quality and was unsqueezed to 1.85:1 or though by the ripper. 

--- End quote ---

Apparently it comes from a satellite TV transmission, although there are no onscreen idents to say where from.

--- End quote ---

And it's subtitled not dubbed.  :D

Kevin Coed:

--- Quote from: Jonny on 15 Sep 2009 - 12:04 ---
--- Quote from: Kevin Coed on 15 Sep 2009 - 11:51 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

And it's subtitled not dubbed.  :D

--- End quote ---

I know, didn't want to correct him on two things. I thought one was enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version