• 08 Feb 2023 - 23:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spencer/Hill Flicks  (Read 23143 times)

magnus

Re: Spencer/Hill Flicks
« Reply #60 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 22:36 »

hey Commisario,
get the swedish box-sets talked about earlier, all in english. price isn´t very high, but postage would be worse as they´re huge... by the way i can understand the reason to release these films, Flatfoot and Big man in Italy, but over here it´s just crazy, no interest at all, except for the occasional nostalgic and eurotrash-fan, but probably they got the rights cheap...
oh, and a fantastic film featuring Terence Hill and Rita Pavone is THE CRAZY KIDS OF THE WAR by Steno, typical silly Italian fun, singing and dancing plus a few nazi and nun-jokes.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #61 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 22:39 »

They're already released and they have English audio, available from EUR 15-20 here:

http://english.megastore.se/template/next%2CSearch.vm?searchinput=bud+spencer+terence&searchcat=FILM

Hey thanks Magnus, I think this is the one above from earlier in the thread. :P

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #62 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 22:40 »

Agreed! Carla is worthy of her own thread.  ::) As are the other c.s.c. actors, even though there's a whole different reason why they are credited in films they never appeared in.
Something to do with quota's and tax breaks or something similar isn't it?

Yeah, the C.S.C. actors are graduates of the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografica, which is one of Europe's oldest film schools - founded by Mussolini's Fascist government in 1932. For many years, the rule was that films using two actors or technicians from the C.S.C. film school would receive government backing. Which of course means that these people were hired for money reasons, and not for their talents. They were basically names for hire and that's why they didn't appear in many of the films they were credited in. When they did appear, they mostly got to play small, unimportant roles: secretaries, maids, desk clerks etc. There are some of these actors who actually seemed to appear in the majority of the films they are credited in, though, like Sergio Serafini and Rosita Torosh. Rosita was the president of the Italian naturist society and quite willing to do nudity on film, so she actually got a few decently sized roles. However, most of the C.S.C. actors never found much fame but there are a couple of famous stars who started their careers as C.S.C. actors, including Rosalba Neri, Wandisa Guida and Raffaella Carrà, who is a pretty big name even today.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #63 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 22:43 »

Another very informative post Johan,great to have this kind of info on here.Thanks :'(

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #64 on: 06 Dec 2007 - 22:49 »

My pleasure!  :D I always wondered what those c.s.c. letters behind some of the actors' names meant. I read about the c.s.c. school and how it was founded in a book about Italian horror a while back but I've forgotten the name of it and, unfortunately, I don't have it with me here.

fdsmedia

« Reply #65 on: 14 Feb 2008 - 08:20 »

Forthcoming from Swedish label Studio S February 27:

Man of the East

Watch Out, We're Mad

Charleston

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #66 on: 14 Feb 2008 - 15:08 »

Magnus - has WATCH OUT WE'RE MAD got an English language track. Also, is it anamorphic?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

« Reply #67 on: 14 Feb 2008 - 15:15 »

According to the back cover it's anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen with English audio.

fdsmedia

« Reply #68 on: 27 Feb 2008 - 11:18 »

March 13 on German DVD label KSM in metal pack, both films have English audio:

Gary B.

« Reply #69 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 06:21 »

My favorites are CRIMEBUSTERS, GO FOR IT!, and DOUBLE TROUBLE.  Haven't seen WATCH OUT WE'RE MAD yet, but want to get that new Swedish DVD if I can find it at a decent price w/ shipping to the U.S.

Also a big fan of their solo outings, especially BANANA JOE (Spencer) and SUPER SNOOPER (Hill)

all of the Italian DVD Storm releases are anamorphic w/ English audio and look really good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.