• 14 Aug 2022 - 01:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Last Desperate Hours / Milano: Il clan dei Calabresi (Giorgio Stegani, 1974)  (Read 7321 times)

vigilanteforce

Never heard of it, thanks for the link!

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Nice little film and featuring Antonio Sabato in one of his better roles. I still think the film would have worked out better with a stronger leading actor (plus Sabato's moustache doesn't work for me) but he does a decent job. It's a pretty fast-paced and fun, and I love how the director works in all kinds of sleazy details like the girl with the massively hairy armpits who is burned to death and Sabato taking a bus full of schoolkids hostage. Not to mention the scene at the start with Mirella Rossi being accosted with a knife - mirroring her abuse in Polselli's OSCENITÀ from the year before. And the score is kick-ass, and cool English dubbing is performed by that ever-familiar gang of voice actors!

Btw, I think Nicola D'Eramo, who plays the transvestite, may well have been one in real life too. He did at least play cross-dressers on several other occasions like in LA CAGE AUX FOLLES and, most memorably, in EMANUELLE IN THE WHITE SLAVE TRADE, where he also participates in an awesome fight scene.

Stephen Grimes

Not to mention the scene at the start with Mirella Rossi being accosted with a knife - mirroring her abuse in Polselli's OSCENITÀ from the year before.
Didn't realise that was her until now,thanks.

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Yeah, Mirella has those great, big eyes that made her perfect at playing scared. She was one of Polselli's best starlets along with Rita Calderoni and Krista Barrymore imo.

Stephen Grimes

Should have recognised her straight away really as like you said she has those big beautiful eyes,she also had one of the main parts in Polselli's CASA D'AMORE..LA POLIZIA INTERVIENE playing her usual frightened role.

zykl0nb

Just watched this recently a noticed a familiar musical queue during the early motorcycle/car chase; it's a remixed version of the Quincey Jones IRONSIDE theme also used in KING BOXER.  cool

Stephen Grimes

Anyone else notice some of the footage from the excellent motorbike/car chase sequence that suddenly appears in Roberto Girometti's MAFIA UNA LEGGE CHE NON PERDONA?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.