• 25 Jun 2022 - 22:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Werewolf Shadow / La noche de Walpurgis (León Klimovsky, 1970)  (Read 7691 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I watched this tonight and really enjoyed it, not much plotwise (as you'd probably expect) but it made up for it with atmosphere.

And there was some quality growling in the werewolf scenes, but funny enough there seemed to be more vampire goings on than werewolf!

I don't know a lot about Spanish horror to be honest (apart from the Blind Dead films), when I was a teenager I saw THE WEREWOLF AND THE YETI and didn't really enjoy it (maybe I should watch it again) and it put me off checking any more out to be honest, Paul will tell you, I never wanted to watch anything with Naschy in.

I was round Stephen's the other week and he suggested I check them out, I'm glad I did ;)

I'm going to be checking out more of these films, trust me to want to start getting them now they've gone oop  ???

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

prospero

Naschy, like Jess Franco, IS difficult.
For every good film (The atmospheric Werewolf Shadow, the totally demented Hunchback of the Morgue) he's made at least ten films that belong to the category one critic once called "celluloid smegma"...  :o

After watching Hunchback I had some expectations for Horror Rises From The Tomb, but GAWD what a boring movie that was! same for Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll.

There was a great article on Naschy in Eyeball, when I get home I'll see if I can post some of it here, it was hilarious.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

What Naschy titles made it to Blu-Ray in the end? I've got the NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF/VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES disc but I kind of lost track on what actually got released before BCI went tits up.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

What Naschy titles made it to Blu-Ray in the end? I've got the NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF/VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES disc but I kind of lost track on what actually got released before BCI went tits up.

I'm pretty sure that's the only Naschy Blu-ray, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

I've got that, forgot all about it  ???

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

And you have the audacity to make fun of Paul and myself for having so much stuff unwatched! At least we know what we've got!
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

The BCI disc is PAL-sourced but the color scheme looks more like the Spanish disc (but 16:9) and includes English subtitles for the Spanish track. 

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

And you have the audacity to make fun of Paul and myself for having so much stuff unwatched! At least we know what we've got!
Ahhh, but I do know that I've got it, it just slipped my mind.

If I didn't mention that I forgot I had it and you then asked me "Have you got that night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the zombies double bill" I would have said YES!

:(

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

I have always found YETI to be a lesser effort, ultra low budget and the tranformation scenes suck.
But the Tri Pictures DVD went a long way in raising my opinion of it.  It has a workable comic book vibe going for it, and a twist ending of sorts that is unique.
A big part of what made Naschy's films such an aquirred taste was the awful English dubs most of them recieved. 
Prospero might not have had fun with HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB, but I think it's one of the best.  Emma Cohen and Helga Line are memorable and the some nice effects and plenty of cheesy sex and violence :)  You might want to give it a go, especially via the BCI dvd, as it is a steller presentation.
While I am at it I will throw in a good word for BLUE EYES...as well.  One of Nascy's 3 giallo eforts, this is best of the bunch, and stacks up well against many Italian ones.

romantico

I saw this film many years ago on a copy from an uncut print off a nippon lazer disc and it was very dark . I could not see much but i liked it .

beebon

Werewolf Shadow was the first Naschy film I saw, I really like the atmosphere and good sense of fun throughout! :)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

the blob

• Violent Professional

Just watched the Subkultur BD. Great job. Some damage that I'm sure would cost a fair bit to restore but really crisp natural image. Just ordered Frankenstein's Bloody Terror as well.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Just watched the Subkultur BD. Great job. Some damage that I'm sure would cost a fair bit to restore but really crisp natural image. Just ordered Frankenstein's Bloody Terror as well.
I ordered both of them the other day on amazon  de. Werewolf Shadow is on the way but they haven't posted Frankenstein's Bloody Terror yet. There's a third one released too, Der Werewolf, I think it's Night Of The Werewolf, not sure, but it hasn't got English on it (unless amazon's got it wrong), if it definitely hasn't got English I hope that's what it is anyway as I've got the BCI Blu, that way it doesn't matter so much.

the blob

• Violent Professional

Yeah, it's Night of the Werewolf. Saw some comparisons a while back and it looks a little better than the BCI one but at least I have that version. It seems the only other English-friendly one will be Curse of the Devil. Shame as it would have made a nice set with the box. Stupid thing is I'm Spanish by blood but my Spanish is crap so I still need subs. Maybe it's time to learn properly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.