• 17 Aug 2022 - 05:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nero Veneziano (thanks for nothing Amazon)  (Read 2856 times)

slizwiz

Nero Veneziano (thanks for nothing Amazon)
« on: 28 Jul 2010 - 14:41 »

So I bought the mp3 download of Pino Donaggio's score for Nero Veneziano from Amazon. Once I got it, I immediately noticed that every track was fucked up. The audio kept randomly and annoyingly cutting out in the right and sometimes the left channel. I emailed Amazon and reported the problem. They sent me another link to download it again. Same result. Then they gave me my money back which was cool but I wanted that friggin' score damn it.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Re: Nero Veneziano (thanks for nothing Amazon)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 15:30 »

I believe the drop-out is on the CD itself.  I remember passing on a copy from an importer because there was a quality note about it.

There is a forum thread about the CD at Soundtrack Collector.

slizwiz

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 18:23 »

Sigh...

I bet Pino is all pissed. He's probably all like "Hey you jerkoffs, this is my best score! WTF?" He's going to fly to New York City with an orchestra and record an all new version of the music for Nero Veneziano and then release it on his own label which might be called Look At My Pino Records.

Or he doesn't care.

Either way, I provided you with two scenarios.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 18:41 »

I wonder if they mastered it from the LP?

slizwiz

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2010 - 22:17 »

No idea. Whoever did it, royally fucked it up. It just keeps having dropouts in different spots like somebody was futzing around with the wires while they recording it. Real professional job.

The most frustrating thing was trying to fix it myself. I figured, hey if I can edit a mono version out of it then maybe I can live with it. But it didn't work. You could still hear the dropouts so I just scrapped the whole thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.