• 18 Aug 2022 - 01:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moviegrooves is shutting up shop.  (Read 2419 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Moviegrooves is shutting up shop.
« on: 01 Sep 2010 - 16:25 »

Just got this email

Hi

We're sorry to announce that Movie Grooves will shortly be closing down - for ever.

IMPORTANT: All pending orders will be fulfilled before we close.

Please don't cancel any pending orders or payments. We know that some of you are waiting for Tootsie and Outland (and items you may have ordered whilst ordering those) and they WILL be sent to you in due course. Tootsie and Outland are being held by our overseas supplier and will be shipped to us shortly.

We will no longer be stocking or taking pre-orders on any new or forthcoming releases or back catalogue items and we are no longer selling any items full stop (or period, as they say in the USA).

Movie Grooves is closing because I feel that it's time for me to move on and do something different with my life. The business has changed slightly to when I started out and, of course, the global financial situation - whilst not being a direct reason for closing down - has affected trading conditions and contributed to me making the decision to close. Yes, there's a sadness at closing, but I know it's the right decision so I also have an excitement at what possibilities the future holds (schmaltzy, but true).

I've had a great eight years or so running Movie Grooves. Movie Grooves was something that had its gestation years and years ago with my love of 60s and 70s horror, cult and b-movies which then got me into the soundtracks from those movies which then developed into a successful business during which time I had the pleasure to meet some great people, gain some new friends and also attend some fantastic related events. I even had a crack at DJing a few times in clubs and also on the radio (thanks Jonny!) which was so much fun. I also had the experience of running a successful business selling products I loved and that provided a service to many like-minded and friendly people all around the world.

I hope that I offered a good level of service - something that was high on my list of priorities when starting out. And I hope that every customer took pleasure from the CDs and LPs (and DVDs) that they purchased from Movie Grooves over the years.

Many thanks to each and every customer for your business and especially to the loyal band of regulars (you know who you are!) - thanks!

All that's left to say is that as a final send-off I'll be playing a selection of my favourite soundtrack/library tracks on Jonny Trunk's 'OST' Radio show on Resonance FM on Saturday 25th September from 4.30pm - 6.30pm UK time. I may be having a few drinks throughout, hopefully lots of laughs and perhaps at points even crying like a small child so it could be quite a funny/harrowing/interesting listen.

If you live in London you can listen on 104.4 FM or if you live elsewhere on the planet and have an internet connection you can listen live at http://resonancefm.com/listen  - put it in your diary now!

For old times sake I'll probably be running a silly competition so you could even win a few CDs, LPs or DVDs.

Thanks again - take care and keep groovin'!

regards

Col

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
Re: Moviegrooves is shutting up shop.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2010 - 16:58 »

That's a shame.  It seems like many of the good niche sites are closing their doors (moviegrooves, Xploited, etc.).

I use Dusty Groove America for almost all of my EuroCult OST needs, but I'm not sure if they ship to Europe (or the rates if they do).  I've found their CDs to be fairly inexpensive (except for Japanese imports).

http://www.dustygroove.com/featured.php?cat=12

"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

mook

• Almost Human
Re: Moviegrooves is shutting up shop.
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2010 - 17:30 »

Shame about moviegrooves, they had a good website.
I'll be using Beat Records, based in Italy. Good service and fast shipping.
http://www.beatrecords.it/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.