• 02 Dec 2022 - 21:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL RETURNS POLICY FOR ARROW VIDEO’S THE BEYOND BLU-RAY and DVD  (Read 22137 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

....just now waiting for Arrow fanboys to pipe up saying the exchange plan was a nice thing for them to have done etc...

Well, they should have released in properly in the first place shouldn't they.

"From the fans for the fans" my arse!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

....just now waiting for Arrow fanboys to pipe up saying the exchange plan was a nice thing for them to have done etc...

Unlikely. I'd guess they know they'd be on a hiding to nothing.

Greetings!
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I don't believe there are any correct discs out in the shops.

You may have been right - Sony DADC's warehouse/plant in Enfield was destroyed by looters last night and a statement from Arrow has appeared on Cult Labs:

After five months we brought The Beyond replacement programme to a close, happy in the knowledge that all stock had long been corrected and customers could now surely purchase new copies without the need for a replacement, thus rendering any future replacement service redundant. When we discovered recently that customers newly purchasing copies of The Beyond were finding old discs we became alarmed and investigated the stock being held at our distribution centre, Sony DADC, Enfield with a view to discovering what had happened with the replacement of discs.

As most of you will be aware, the rioting in London spread to Enfield last night and the distribution centre was looted and set on fire. Thankfully no staff were harmed in this atrocious attack, but it does mean all Arrow stock, and the stock of many other distributors, is now no more. We are working with Sony DADC and our partners to find a solution for getting stock back in stores very soon. Stock that is currently with retailers is all that will be available for the moment and new releases such as Midnight and the forthcoming ArrowDrome titles will surely be affected.

In light of recent discs of The Beyond being sold uncorrected following our brief and incomplete investigation we have decided that as soon as our distribution centre is up and running again a supply of replacement discs will be made and of course new stock replenishment will be manufactured with the corrected disc. We thank you for your understanding through this difficult time and will update with news of the availability of Arrow stock as it is available.

The situation with Sony's centre in Enfield is pretty grave, really. There are loads of companies who use Sony DADC (Shameless, BFI, Showbox, 2entertain/BBC, Eureka, Soda Pictures, Artificial Eye, Metrodome, Lionsgate, to name but a few) - and a situation like this could prove to be crippling for the smaller companies who will not be able to supply demand of their titles, thus generate the revenue to cover their overheads. It's a sad, sorry situation.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

gnorthcott

Lets hope that the insurance company coughs up quickly or this could mean serious trouble for some of the smaller lables.We could do with some charles bronson vigilantes to sort out these looting rats

CJ

I'm very sad that small labels have lost their stock due to mindless violence and rioting.

However, previous to this incident, the attitude of some of the Mods over there was really odd. Stephen, cryptically stated that he wouldn't mind if he came home one day to discover all his collection had been stolen and that it wouldn't bother him in the slightest, and told everyone they're just DVDs/BDs and nothing to worry about. A strange response from a representative of Arrow/Shameless - both DVD/BD labels. Are they happy to be represented this way I wonder, with Mods working for the Associates/Cult Labs telling everyone they're 'just' DVDs/BDs? Hardly a good selling point, as he's basically saying they're all worthless. A strange response indeed.

Then there was Sarah and Nosferatu kind of apologising on the one hand for the ending of the replacement scheme, and then stating, rather weirdly in my opinion, that product recalls are only for dengerous products. Well, yeah, we know that, but that's not really the issue at hand. Again, a bizarre response - it's as if the Mods are deliberately trying to alienate the customers of Arrow/Shameless.

Basically, if this is how Almar thinks good PR is done, then, frankly, it's baffling. So far his Mods at Cult Labs have simply infuriated some members with their...well...odd behaviour. Now I'm not an all-out Arrow/Shameless hater, but the handling of this matter by Cult Labs Mods was strange, to say the least - and incredibly frustrating to those of us trying to get straight answers. Now, apparently, they WILL be resuming the replacement program, so that's something.

Oh, and Nosferatu has stated that he's employed by Cult Labs on a 'freelance' basis. I'm curious, does this mean the Mods get paid to moderate?

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Stephen seems like a nice bloke to me.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Of the mods there he usually seems the most grounded in reality. But he's talking absolute garbage in that thread of recent, and being quite narky about it too.

Had a warning to toe the party line, perhaps?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

CJ

Stephen seems like a nice bloke to me.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nothing personal, I assure you - and I'm sure he is a nice bloke. But think about it, if you were selling a product and asked a PR firm to help promote that product, and then you read statements by people working within that PR firm basically saying that your product is worthless, I think you'd be a bit annoyed. Not to mention that it doesn't instill much confidence in customers to buy your product. That's all I'm saying, really. Things just seem a bit weird over there at the moment, particularly from the Mods.

reaper72

I'm very sad that small labels have lost their stock due to mindless violence and rioting.

However, previous to this incident, the attitude of some of the Mods over there was really odd. Stephen, cryptically stated that he wouldn't mind if he came home one day to discover all his collection had been stolen and that it wouldn't bother him in the slightest, and told everyone they're just DVDs/BDs and nothing to worry about. A strange response from a representative of Arrow/Shameless - both DVD/BD labels. Are they happy to be represented this way I wonder, with Mods working for the Associates/Cult Labs telling everyone they're 'just' DVDs/BDs? Hardly a good selling point, as he's basically saying they're all worthless. A strange response indeed.

Then there was Sarah and Nosferatu kind of apologising on the one hand for the ending of the replacement scheme, and then stating, rather weirdly in my opinion, that product recalls are only for dengerous products. Well, yeah, we know that, but that's not really the issue at hand. Again, a bizarre response - it's as if the Mods are deliberately trying to alienate the customers of Arrow/Shameless.

Basically, if this is how Almar thinks good PR is done, then, frankly, it's baffling. So far his Mods at Cult Labs have simply infuriated some members with their...well...odd behaviour. Now I'm not an all-out Arrow/Shameless hater, but the handling of this matter by Cult Labs Mods was strange, to say the least - and incredibly frustrating to those of us trying to get straight answers. Now, apparently, they WILL be resuming the replacement program, so that's something.

Oh, and Nosferatu has stated that he's employed by Cult Labs on a 'freelance' basis. I'm curious, does this mean the Mods get paid to moderate?

Daemonia right?
Stephen,who has had a tragic personal loss in his life,was comparing the value of DVD's to the loss of someone close.
Not cryptic,not out to infuriate,and not out to say they're worthless.
No big conspiracy theory.I hope that clears that up.

Don't know what Nosferatu meant about freelance,but I can assure you mods at Cult Labs DO NOT get paid for spending time there.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Stephen,who has had a tragic personal loss in his life,was comparing the value of DVD's to the loss of someone close.

Was he? And where was he doing that? Not to belittle it but I'm sure many of us have suffered a tragic, personal loss. What that doesn't do is absolve every other fault in the world; no matter how trivial it is in the grand scheme of things. Think I'm being a cunt? Never mind. I'm sure thinking about Bhopal will put it into perspective for you.

Best to just shut your fucking mouth.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

reaper72

Better shut my fucking mouth then eh?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Unless you can come up with something productive and pertinent to bring to the table.

First question :- Are there any catalogued instances of anybody actually buying a corrected disc of The Beyond?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

CJ

Daemonia right?
Not cryptic,not out to infuriate,and not out to say they're worthless.
No big conspiracy theory.I hope that clears that up.

Don't know what Nosferatu meant about freelance,but I can assure you mods at Cult Labs DO NOT get paid for spending time there.

Yup, that's me. Come on, Reaps, it's not as if any of us knew this was going on in Stephen's life. We can only operate on the information given - and yes, I understand it's a personal thing and not something you'd want to broadcast. But...y'know...he was being a bit cryptic and not really explaining why everything suddenly seemed worthless (and not that he has to, of course, but then don't hint at something and leave everyone in the dark, that's not really being fair on those of us who don't know the circumstances and simply leaves us scratching our heads in puzzlement). I agree, of course I agree, I hope we'd all agree, that human life is more important than circular pieces of plastic. And I have lost more people close to me than I care to think to think about, so I do understand. Furthermore I would never value a DVD above the life of a fellow human being. Let's just be clear on that.

Also, for the record, I'm not really having a go at anybody, just struggling to understand the stance of the Mods at Cult Labs over the issue of the Beyond. The worst thing I've said is that it's all been a bit weird. And if you were in our shoes and not 'in the know' you'd probably find it all a bit weird too. You have the benefit of operating with inside knowledge, the rest of us don't.

Does this mean I'm not welcome at Cult Labs anymore?

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Fuck-sticks! Just received the black & white version from Amazon.  :-[
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.