• 17 Sep 2021 - 06:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web of the Spider (Antonio Margheriti, 1970)  (Read 26864 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Web of the Spider (Antonio Margheriti, 1970)
« Reply #75 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 10:27 »

It's a real shame Stephen's taken a stance whereby he's not going to be around anymore - he'll be greatly missed, by me, anyway.

I do agree that it seems fair for people to not even mention ownership of something that they aren't prepared to share. Should eradicate any animosity.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #76 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 10:38 »

The only outcome I can see from this is that when people know they have something rare, but have promised not to share copies, they'll not even bother to post screen caps or mention they have a copy out loud on the web for fear of being taken to task for withholding it.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Which is a shame.

Anyway Stephen's had enough and won't be around for a while.

I can't agree with that Jonny - I only wanted to know why him and his group of collectors wouldn't share it - I didn't expect them to change their minds, I just wanted to know why -  I think I made that pretty clear in my posts - and I believe I was polite at all times... well, almost.

As for Stephen "going away for a while.." Why? Is he upset I didn't answer his question? That's upsetting because, if he re-reads this thread from page 1 he'll know what I'm on about (coupled with another thread where Stephen made it quite clear that he doesn't send out copies to new users sending him private messages here... Also check out Fenriz's post on page 1) Even if Dario had gotten in contact with him, all indications suggest he wouldn't have shared it (contrary to what he posted about 'mind reading skills')

This exact same situation happened to me when I commented in the actual thread dedicated to 'Blue Movie' - You'll notice that I didn't get upset when Stephen (a moderator no less) ignored the discussion completely... I also didn't "disappear for while" in response to his silence - or Jose's silence... I just accepted it and moved on.

As for him not posting these things anymore - Great, at least then I have hope that someone with a more generous heart will come along one day... Stephen's posts only crush that hope and I really would rather not know.

I should point out that apart from Blue Movie Stephen very likely doesn't have anything that hasn't already been shared with the masses so there's no real harm done anyway.

This is categorically my last word on the subject - I'm heading out to the flat to wrestle with more rubble and I think everything that needed to be said has been said.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #77 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 10:48 »

The only outcome I can see from this is that when people know they have something rare, but have promised not to share copies, they'll not even bother to post screen caps or mention they have a copy out loud on the web for fear of being taken to task for withholding it.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Which is a shame.

I can't agree with that Jonny - I only wanted to know why him and his group of collectors wouldn't share it - I didn't expect them to change their minds, I just wanted to know why -  I think I made that pretty clear in my posts - and I believe I was polite at all times... well, almost.

All I meant was I think some people will see all the fuss that's been created and just not bother mentioning when they have something rare. Just my take on it, that's all.

You're always polite, I never insinuated otherwise!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #78 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 11:12 »

I was with Stephen yesterday and he was telling me that he doesn't mind giving copies of stuff out. Just not to the type of characters that join up, ponce copies and then disappear.

On another note, I've seen a few members here post screenshots and refuse to say what the source is and say they can't give something out. Better off not mentioning they've got it than teasing.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #79 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 11:23 »

Better off not mentioning they've got it than teasing.

Which is what I said.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #80 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 12:49 »

Better off not mentioning they've got it than teasing.

Which is what I said.
looks like we have the same thoughts about it then doesn't it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

burningcity

« Reply #81 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 13:34 »

Let me shed some light on this. I don't often post here and have only known about CG for a year, but I've been collecting Italian crime as long as anybody, with 1 each of every Italian crime film in English from all over the world as well as every title in Italian only which I aquired from an old Italian video store years ago.
Anyway, at one time (like Stephen), I would not let anyone have copies of my rare Italian tapes because of the time, difficulty and money it took to track them down. As a matter of fact, I've sold many tapes to Stephen. About 2 years ago, I changed my mind and started selling off my rare VHS tapes because, let's face it, a digital quality copy in English or with subs that is widescreen is more important to me than a rare defective format like VHS which is often blurry/grainy, off-color or cut off at the sides (full screen). Most of the obscure Italian only titles from VHS you see on CG came from my collection which I traded copies to someone for fandubs/fansubs because I was not aware of CG at the time.
 So to sum it up, there are still collectors of rare tapes whose pride and joy is to own something few have and not share it because of the time, money and effort they put in, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there is equally nothing wrong with those who take considerable time to fandub/fansub beautiful editions of films in the best viewing quality for all to enjoy without making a profit.

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #82 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 13:42 »

Sad to see Stephen go away. Here's hoping he changes his mind soon.

gnorthcott

« Reply #83 on: 22 Jan 2012 - 16:40 »

Like wise,stephen is a thoroughly knowledgable guy,if i have a question about an obscurity its generally stephen that answers.Hope he does not leave because of this dispute

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #84 on: 23 Jan 2012 - 20:56 »

Hope Stephen decides to return someday
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.