• 08 Aug 2022 - 08:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Il mostro dell'opera / The Vampire of the Opera (Renato Polselli, 1964)  (Read 15367 times)

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

Now those look great!  ::)
What's the source for those?

A copy  of a good friend  ::) ::)maybe in dvd but ahead   :P :P
Supposing that the French dvd you same or well ?¿¿?¿

I would like to see that French dvd

bdc

Very nice !  ::)
Seems the French dvd uses a French release print?

bdc

Seems the French dvd uses a composite of a French release print and another somewhat inferior Italian source.

I tried to make a screencap for comparison with VLC but keep in mind I'm not used to making caps....and I somewhat resized the VLC caps and converted the png files to jpg.  :D

The image of the VLC player also seemed darker than the one on my tv?

Mystery source

Artus

Subtitle sample

bdc

Yep just checked an the image is a lot brighter on my tv,for instance you can see a background behind the film title where you can only see black in the screencap.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

It's good to see more Polselli on DVD although I preferred The Vampire and the Ballerina, which comes across as an infinitely more polished production all round. There's still the AWE release of 'Revelations of a Psychiatrist...' to come next month as well.  ::)
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

daraioargento

I actually find it extremely annoying that hoarders "unable" to share with even proper dvd companys are even allowed on this board.

This type of elitist bullcrap is precisely why many of these movies are lost in the first place.

We had this point a while ago , whilst its nice to know there's a perfect print , you might as well now , set fire to it and bury it in a large hole. As none of the "actual" fans of the movie will ever get to see it - awesome

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

To echo Dario's sentiments - How many people are going to be happy to buy the French Artus DVD which is cobbled together from two rather worn prints, knowing a mint full length Italian copy does indeed exist?

I'd say Jose has done a good job of killing any possible sales of the DVD for Artus at this point - I'm also surprised nobody else has pointed this out until now.

10/10 for timing as well - His screengrabs went up mere days before the official DVD was meant to be released. What was the point of his post? Simply to tell us HE has an amazing copy of the film, nothing else.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Jose's English isn't that great (better than my Spanish though) but from what he posted it looked like he said it might be coming out on DVD, whether he thought Artus had the same print or that his friend's print was being prepped for release in Spain I don't know.

He did mention that he wondered whether the Artus DVD would have the same print.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

The thing is, I'm pretty sure Jose said the same thing about another film a year or two back - and it never materialized.

Still, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would like to ask him a direct question:

Jose: Which company is planning (or considering...) releasing this film? Surely the name of the company isn't a secret, is it?

...waits patiently.

(note: fear not, I'm not going to start yet another war of words... - If he replies or not, I won't reply in this thread again to avoid any potential headaches all round  :P )

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

It is not known yet but are looking for Spanish audio....If you do not find the audio, maybe you edit with subtitles...But nothing is certain..ok..sorry for my English....Tomorrow I'm going on holidays, I'll be 10 days without connecting....

Regards

Jose

bdc

I'd personally recommend getting the French dvd for now...it's not expensive and it has English subs.  :D

Btw maybe someone can make some better caps of the Artus release?

The composite is actually very well done.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Loukol

I'd personally recommend getting the French dvd for now...it's not expensive and it has English subs.  :D

Btw maybe someone can make some better caps of the Artus release?

The composite is actually very well done.

Hi BD! (you can't escape me)

This DVd cost me about $30.00 CA to ship to Canada so knowing there's a better print out there really pisses me off.

bdc

Hi B!
There may be a better print but who knows when (if ever) it will be released...
Btw I'm used to upgrading dvd editions by now. :D

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Hi B!
There may be a better print but who knows when (if ever) it will be released...
Btw I'm used to upgrading dvd editions by now. :D

Have a read of this thread...

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=3264.msg65001#msg65001

and this thread...

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=2793.msg65023;topicseen#msg65023

And take note that you will indeed never see this better copy of 'Il Mostro dell'Opera' and you'll also never see anything released by this phantom Spanish DVD company.

(okay, THIS is my last word on the matter...)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 22 queries.