• 12 Jun 2021 - 12:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Valdemar Legacy / La herencia Valdemar (José Luis Alemán, 2010)  (Read 2130 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Anyone seen this?

I see there is also a second part, both have English subs.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.

Looks very Poe/Lovecraft-ish.

Well with Valdemar in the title...  ???
Dig that groove baby.

aerodynamics

• One Just Man

I watched these two films earlier in the year.  Here's what I wrote at the time...

I watched the two-part Spanish tale "The Valdemar Legacy" over the weekend, consisting of "La Herencia Valdemar" (aka The Valdemar Legacy) and "La Sombra Prohibida" (aka The Forbidden Shadow).  This is a very nicely done Spanish gothic horror tale which takes its time in developing.  The first film begins with a young estate appraiser sent to La Casa Valdemar since her co-worker had previously disappeared.  She stumbles upon a shocking discovery, at which point the film begins to go in different directions telling the tale of a number of characters in the present day as well as the past history of estate's owner Lazaro Valdemar all leading to some sinister, supernatural Lovecraftian goings on. 

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good gothic tale.  While there are moments of creeping dread, the movies play out more like a historical melodrama at times and forgoes the scare-a-minute style more prevalent in modern horror movies.  Also of note -- this was Paul Naschy's final role.  He plays the mansion's butler in the flashback scenes.  The actor has a fairly substantial role in the first film, but in the sequel it seemed to me that he looked extremely haggard and barely appears at all (although his character has less importance as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.